Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

Bought the TV today and i have the same issue… What a shame, hopefully Samsung will fix this 😭

0 Likes
DiegoVianaBR
First Poster
Options

I will return the TV, I am not willing to wait for Samsung to fix this problem.

0 Likes
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

Just to let you know. I plugged console to other HDMI(2 i believe), setup 4K 120 and did test in Dirt 5 and F1 2021, I recorded small video with slowmotion(240fps) and did the same with 4K and 60FPS. The games are running for sure in 120FPS with VSS, i can see that easly on recorded video, however when i use 120/4K, HDR is not working(at least game mode Samsung layout shows that). 
What does it mean? Maybe there are more than 1 HDMI 2.1 ports? 

sry for my english 

0 Likes
CalumH
Explorer
Options

Hi,

That is very interesting, when I did the test the number of frames per second displayed was the same for both 60hz and 120hz, and I think like you I was only able to select 120hz with hdr disabled.

What I think may be happening is that the tv is interpolating the frames to show 120fps but when you enable hdr it can no longer do that? I may be wrong though, it is just a guess.

If your display is showing true 120hz at 4K then the port cannot be hdmi 2.0, it has to be 2.1 so it seems like the other ports could be 2.1 but are supposed to be disabled in firmware.

0 Likes
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

While doing tests i had HDR on in Xbox settings, but this just didnt turn on while using 120/4K. 
Can you tell me in what games were you doing this test? I Asi

0 Likes
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

I ask because there are only few games so far that can display 120 fps. Thats why i choosed Dirt/F1.

sry for double post, couldnt edit 

0 Likes
CalumH
Explorer
Options

I used Forza Horizon 4, it’s the only game I have downloaded at the moment that supports 120hz, it is available on game pass if you don’t have it.

0 Likes
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

I have forza, will check this tommorow and ill let you know 

0 Likes
Andrew9730
Journeyman
Options

Hi I have an update for you all. 

Samsung called me and offered me a store credit for the full amount, so I took it. I went back to the shop this morning and arranged a different tv. The store are sending an installer who will remove the old TV and Mount the new TV for me. 

To briefly recap. I called Samsung support troubleshot over phone with first and Second level support. Had them arrange an onsite support tech. He couldn’t fix it but wanted to order parts. Samsung called me and offered full refund. 

Best of luck to you all. 

0 Likes
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

Hi!

I fixed the issue so i hope it will help for you also guys 😉 Two days ago i sent e-mail to Samsung support, they told me to update TV via USB stick, and reset TV.

So i downloaded the file(1805.4) and updated TV, nothing changed, port 2.1 was still not working, they told me to reset TV after update, but i was sure that will change nothing. Yesterday i gave it a try and did factory reset and now its working perfectly 😁😁😁 In my case it was important to update Tv and then reset everything. 
Try this guys 😉 I was also informed that if this dont work, the next step is to clear memory or something, but it wasnt neccesary for me.

0 Likes