Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoking TV Fire Hazard

(Topic created on: 23-01-2022 04:29 PM)
LynetteFrances
Student
Options

TV smoking

We sat down to watch tv and within 5 minutes we noticed a dark area appear in the bottom right corner and then smoke from under the right corner. Thankfully we were in the room when this happened and immediately disconnected it from the power. The TV is no more than 6 years old, we have never had this issue with any other tv many much older.
I feel this should be brought to your attention as a fire hazard. 
model:UE55KU6400U type:UE55KU6400 Version:5 

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@LynetteFrances: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your TV. We take matters of customer safety very seriously, therefore if you are based in the UK or Ireland, please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Please be aware that I have removed your serial number from your post for data protection purposes. 

Mr_Nobody
Explorer
Options
Will keep eyes on me tv, have Samsung 43" and it's 3 years old, unfortunately I sleep near the TV so I hope it doesn't happen. But I do agree it show possible fire hazard as no electrical equipment should not start a fire. Now a days they design to brake but this way is dangerous. Lucky you were in room when it happened. Samsung should look into this and dubble check before selling, and we need thing to last not brake after a few years, comes down to making money over longer life tv, ect
dereal2003
Journeyman
Options

sorry to hear of ur issue, got the same issue now with a 40inch version.

how have u gotten on?

0 Likes
LynetteFrances
Student
Options

Sorry to hear you’ve had trouble as well, it’s quite scary when it happens. 
Samsung offered a free inspection to establish the cause and the TV was collected by a company in Bristol to inspect. They advised the cause was the back light failing and assured us it was not likely ti cause a fire. They could fix it at our expense or we could replace offering a 15% discount on a new Samsung TV. We decided to get a Sony as this is the second Samsung that has failed us around the 6year stage, out of guarantee. 
I hope you fine this helpful. 

0 Likes
dereal2003
Journeyman
Options

exactly what i read on a UE55 with the same kinda issue.

ive sent u a message @Sam_UK is this all what samsung offer in respect of common fault with these tv's? as id rather know then waste my time.

0 Likes
Elvis67
Explorer
Options

Don't let Samsung fob you off. This is a serious hazard caused by a manufacturing fault. Contact your local trading standards and report it to them.

0 Likes