Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV will not read contents on external HDD

(Topic created on: 30-10-2021 08:18 PM)
CoolBreeze23
Explorer
Options

My samsung smart TV is showing no content found on the external WD HDD. There is content on the drive. It was working fine and now all of a sudden, no content found. I have tried power resetting the TV by unplugging and I also did a complete factory reset to no avail. I also backed up my MP4 files to another HDD, reformatted the WD HDD, added files back, and still showing no content found. Please help!  Is there anything else I can try?

1 REPLY 1
CoolBreeze23
Explorer
Options

Finally, I received a solution from Samsung today and it works 100%. I am going to copy and paste the exact e-mail their tech support sent me. Finally! I think this will fix your issues with no content found on HDD. Really HTH everyone with this very frustrating issue.

"Here is the software update link and steps to follow for you to update it. *When the file has finished downloading, locate it and then unzip the file. There should be one folder inside. 1.Copy or Move the folder to a USB flash drive and do not place it inside any other folders. If you place the software folder inside a folder on the USB drive, the TV will not find it. 2.Connect the USB drive containing the software upgrade into a USB port on your TV. 3.Using your TV's remote, navigate to Settings, and select Support. Select Software Update, select Update Now, and then select Yes. Your TV will search the USB drive for update files. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the updated software. Updates usually take a few minutes; please do not turn off the TV until the update is complete. When the update is finished, the TV will restart automatically http://96.225.62.17:5069/sharing/uqUxTzCIk

0 Likes