Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV 'Scanning for devices'

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 08:51 PM)
andrewc2102
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I have a very annoying problem with my Samsung smart TV which I cannot get to the bottom of, basically it happens completely randomly (usually in the middle of watching Netflix).

What happens is when watching something suddenly the screen goes black and then a few seconds later a grey screen comes up with messsage saying 'Scanning for devices' 'You can easily control the detected devices with your smart remote'

It then just sits on this screen and all you can do is press and hold the power button to do a hard reset, it's driving us mad! If anyone has any ideas please do let me know, TV specs are as follows, and I've tried a factor reset:

Model Code: UE49MU7070

Software Version: T-KMTDEUC-1290.3 BT - S

Connected to network via ethernet

No other samsung devices in the house

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options

@andrewc2102: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Is Netflix the the only affected app? Have you tried heading to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now, to see if you're on the latest version? If you're connected to your router via Ethernet cable, you may wish to try establishing a wireless connection to see if you notice an improvement: Settings > General > Network > Open Network Settings > Wireless. 

0 Likes
Ad32
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue watching live tv. There is a faint “click” sound, it almost seems to be from behind the tv, and a second later, the screen goes blank and the grey “scanning for devices” screen appears. It doesn’t find any devices, just the grey screen stays on display. It has just suddenly started happening to the tv and it’s happening around every 8 minutes. I’ve tried the software update tip above but software is up to date. It’s connected wirelessly to internet so any other tips to stop this very annoying glitch?

It’s a Samsung Q70 series, QE65Q70RATXXU

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Do any of you two @Ad32 or @andrewc2102 have any devices connected to Wi-Fi close to the TV? Can I also ask if you have any external devices connected to the TV and how long have you been experiencing the issue? 

0 Likes
Cubmaster
First Poster
Options
This happens to me too. I could be watching TV live or iplayer and suddenly randomly it says scanning for devices.
TV is connected via WiFi and there are a couple of smart phones and a tablet nearby but they are either not being used or are WhatsApp or Internet
browsing .
0 Likes
Ian8557399227
First Poster
Options

I'm having this same problem but with my Xbox One. There is also a Virgin TV box connected to the TV. The TV is connected via WiFi. It hasn't happened before I connected the Xbox. The TV has up to date software. Can you help? 

0 Likes
Morodin
Student
Options

I've had my TV for years & it's started doing this today. Is there a fix for it?

Model: UE43RU7470UXXU

Software: v1300

0 Likes
Morodin
Student
Options

Hi, I've found a solution that worked for me.

Go to sources & select Universal Remote (you'll need to do this with your universal remote)

For each device plugged into your TV via HDMI go through the setup process.

I only have devices connected via HDMI; I do not know if you'll need / can setup other devices through this process.

Once all connected devices were set up, the message stopped appearing.