Original topic:

Smart TV 'Scanning for devices'

(Topic created on: 10-06-2021 09:51 PM)
andrewc2102
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi all,

I have a very annoying problem with my Samsung smart TV which I cannot get to the bottom of, basically it happens completely randomly (usually in the middle of watching Netflix).

What happens is when watching something suddenly the screen goes black and then a few seconds later a grey screen comes up with messsage saying 'Scanning for devices' 'You can easily control the detected devices with your smart remote'

It then just sits on this screen and all you can do is press and hold the power button to do a hard reset, it's driving us mad! If anyone has any ideas please do let me know, TV specs are as follows, and I've tried a factor reset:

Model Code: UE49MU7070

Software Version: T-KMTDEUC-1290.3 BT - S

Connected to network via ethernet

No other samsung devices in the house

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
TV

@andrewc2102: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Is Netflix the the only affected app? Have you tried heading to Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now, to see if you're on the latest version? If you're connected to your router via Ethernet cable, you may wish to try establishing a wireless connection to see if you notice an improvement: Settings > General > Network > Open Network Settings > Wireless. 

0 Likes