Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV gives random notification pings sound - Solved

(Topic created on: 05-09-2020 12:45 AM)
FerguFd
First Poster
Options

I bought a 43" Samsung Smart TV TU8500. After setting up the TV and apps, I started getting a random notification sound from the TV. It happened regardless of what I was watching, or which app I was using. 

After some investigation, I narrowed it down to the presence of one of our mobile phones. If the phone was in range of the TV and home router, then the TV would give off random notification pings. If the phone was taken out of range and the TV was switch off, then back on; the notification pings stopped. Bring the phone back into range and the pings would start again. 

The only difference with this particular phone (both mobiles are Pixels), was how I setup the YouTube app. For this mobile phone, I used the mobile YouTube account, to link directly to the TV YouTube app. On the other mobile phone, I registered the YouTube account manually, via the YouTube activation code.

It would appear, that if you connect your mobile device directly to the TV. The TV will reestablish that connection, whenever the mobile device is within range. The notification pings, could be the periodic wireless handshakes, performed by the TV and the registered device. This would appear to a bug within the software, as any handshake pings shouldn't generate a sound.

I solved this problem by:
- removing the YouTube account, that was linked to the mobile phone.
- deleted all external device entries from:
     Settings->General->External Device Manager->Device Connection Manager->Device List
- Switched the TV off and then on.

I re-registered this mobile YouTube account manually, instead of linking it directly. This has solved the problem of random notifications for me.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Thanks for sharing, @FerguFd!

0 Likes
RTA2210
Apprentice
Options
hi there I have a samsung smart TV and when ever I'm playing with my boy and make a banging noise on the floor it keeps making a pinging noise can anyone help
Hgreen
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem any movement on the floor makes a notification sound

0 Likes
RTA2210
Apprentice
Options
I tried everything currys told me it was a software issue now i have an engineer coming out to look at it
0 Likes
Hgreen
Student
Options

When my phone is out of range of the TV it doesnt make the noise. Is this the same for you?

0 Likes
Greg Carter
First Poster
Options

Hello community I have found the solution to this annoying chime  please follow this link to a YouTube video https://youtu.be/UTjSGtl6MKQ

0 Likes