Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eArc Issues with Samsung QN90B TV

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 01:21 PM)
Pauljr
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I have a QN90B Samsung TV with significant eArc issues using a Yamaha A6A receiver.  I believe the Samsung QN90B and A models TV's have a major software and/or hardware critical defect with its eArc system.   The Samsung QN90B eArc problems started as soon as the Yamaha A6A was connected to the TV.  Performed extensive troubleshooting tasks over the span of 3 weeks with the help of experts from Yamaha's help line and they rightfully concluded that it was the Samsung QN90B TV having eArc communication issues with Yamaha A6A receiver.  Unfortunately the facts are now building that Samsung’s QN90B and A models TV’s do have a consistent and systemic defect in their eArc system that they need to fix as soon as possible. 

TV and AVR Configuration:

• Only using Samsung QN90B TV apps such as Youtube-TV, Netflix, PrimeTV, Disney, Youtube.
  • eArc using 8K rated cable TV output to HDMI-3 to Yamaha A6A eArc input.
  • TV model number, QN75QN90BAFXZA 

Summary of Problems with Samsung QN90A eArc with Yamaha A6A Receiver

1. Audio randomly drops out when switching channels and/or changing volume.
  2. Significant audio delays when switching channels and/or apps.
  3. At times have total loss of audio when switching channels and/or apps.
  4. At times no audio upon TV startup.
  5. Random AVR source change at TV startup, and when changing channels and/or apps.

Summary of Troubleshooting Tasks:

1. Switch to different HDMI cable at eArc connections, no improvements.
  2. Changed and adjusted numerous TV and AVR settings, no improvements.
  3. Bi-passed eArc with optical cable, all eARC related problems solved, but had lower quality audio.
  4. Bi-passed eArc with Apple TV using HDMI interconnects, all eARC related problems solved, but had lower quality video using Yamaha’s 4K up-converter, Samsung internal 4K upscaling is much better than Yamahas.
  5. Tried two new Yamaha A6A receivers, both had the same eArc issues.
  6. I believe there are no other solutions to this QN90B eArc problem.  I now firmly believe that the QN90B and A models have a hardware and/or software permanent eArc system defect.
25 REPLIES 25
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
It seems to be an issue with the amp rather than the tv by looking alot of people are having the same issue with different tvs. Some people have found work rounds but not actual fix
G G
0 Likes
Rachel Gomez
Journeyman
Options

Tips to fix-

Disconnect all HDMI devices. ...
Turn on only the TV and soundbar. 
Connect the TV and soundbar's ARC ports with an eARC-compatible HDMI cable. 
Once the soundbar is detected, enable the proper settings on the TV.
Update the firmware on your TV and soundbar.

Greeting,

Rachel Gomez

0 Likes
Haiku1267
First Poster
Options

I am having similar issues with audio cutting out and making a pop noise when reconnecting. This is happening with all apps when playing content with sound on my QN90B when using eARC. If I use the same apps with my Denon X2700H through my nvidia shield I have no issues.

So I know this is not a cable/receiver issue... as this pop is only occurring with eARC.

TV is on the latest firmware and is perfect other than this one really annoying issue. Really frustrated that after spending the most I've ever spent on a TV that its having an issue like this.

Is anyone else having this issue or had any luck with a fix? From what I am seeing samsung is terrible at addressing and fixing issues with their products.

banep
First Poster
Options

Same here. TV is QE75qn90a, eARC is working, sometimes for a few days, but regularly stops sound from eARC. Only helps to unplug the TV which is very annoying since the tv is on the wall and the plug is hidden, and hardly reached under the TV. The receivers I tried are Denon AVR2600x and Pioneer lx503 with the same problems. Before the shutdown of sound through eARC, there are clicks from the receiver as if the sound is stopped and detected again?!

0 Likes
Henke77
First Poster
Options

I’m having the same problems, the sound pops every 30sec or so and the sound gets delayed, doesn’t matter if it’s the sat receiver or netflix directly from the tv……

Have you contacted Samsung? What was the solution?

0 Likes
AudioViewLifestyles
First Poster
Options

I am setting up a QA50QN90B connected to  Yamaha RX-V377 Using Netflix app. and have no eARC operation despite all attempts to make it work. I have not tested any other sources on the TV. On my next  visit I will attempt to get working using HDMI source input on TV and the TV digital Tuner. I will also check Optical out to Receiver works and report back results. 

0 Likes
Ncc1701-e
First Poster
Options

I have an Onkyo NR6100 receiver connected to a Samsung QN90B tv via arc ports. Sometimes under the Samsung settings sound output, it correctly shows av receiver hdmi earc. Some days at random it will show tv speaker instead. Oddly enough, on either sound output I still get sound to my receiver over hdmi/earc. When I try to manually set sond output to av receiver hdmi earc, it stays for one second and flips back to tv speaker. I know it could be worse but I find sometimes the tv speaker is turned up while the receiver is putting out sound as well. Samsung please fix these arc issues!

0 Likes
Torben2
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with dropouts. Nothing works, and I can't sell a TV that doesn't work properly. Using QE65Q90 / Marantz avr 7013 

I WILL NEVER BUY SAMSUNG AGAIN AND I WILL WARN ANYBODY FROM BUYING SAMSUNG!!! 👿👿👿

0 Likes
Needs
Journeyman
Options

Endless problems with Samsung. Weeks and weeks searching for an answer on the web and came across a thread on the Sonos forum. Beter is my reply.

Stumbled across this thread. I don’t have a Sonos sound bar but a Samsung hw950a soundbar. My tv was the 55inch 700a and that tv packed up within 7 months. I never had any issues with the e-arc connection between the tv and soundbar. Received a new 700b tv ( 8 weeks for the replacement) and from day one the new tv would not connect to the soundbar via e-arc and resorted back to tv speaker only!!! Sometimes it will connect via e-arc but only on WiFi. Spent a month and a half onto Samsung  endless hours, having the phone put down on me time and time again. Sent an email the the ceo for Samsung and they promised to sort the problem out. That was two weeks ago and still getting nowhere. Horrific service from Samsung and a total no care attitude. Stuck now with what to do