Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet cable

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 01:54 PM)
Catalin2323
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I have recently bought a QE43Q60RAT TV and decided it would be a good idea to connect it to the internet through a cable (I know Wi-Fi can be unreliable sometimes). After I plug it in the TV starts setting up the connection but it fails to do so. I have to go into IP Settings and type all of the information. After that, the TV succesfuly connects to the router but it says it cannot connect to the internet. At this point, my PC (The only thing besides the TV that is connected in LAN) can't connect to the internet all of a sudden. If I unplug the PC from the router the TV immediately gains full acces to the internet and vice-versa. So it seems that I can only have one LAN connection at a time for some reason. Does anyone know of any solution or do I have to go into my router settings to change something to allow multiple connections?

Thank you in advance!

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's strange @Catalin2323. Could we take the current software version of your TV? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Catalin2323
Apprentice
Options
The software version is T-MSMDEUC- 1335.0, B1970101/070101, BT - S
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@Catalin2323 , Cheers! There is a software update available (version 1351.3). Are you able to update the TV via the settings?

Settings > Support > Software Update > Update Now

If not, it's available to download and install via USB here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE43Q60RATXXU/ 

(Guide on updating via USB here if you need it: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/FM/201904/20190411111415760/2019_TV_Firmware_Upgrade_Instr... )

Let us know how you get on - and if this helps with the internet connection! :smiling-face::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Catalin2323
Apprentice
Options
Hi! Thank you for the replies! I have updated the TV's software to the latest version but unfortunately I had no luck with the internet connection. I still get the "Your TV is connected to the router but not the internet" message. I did try to disconnect my PC from the router and after that I got a message saying "The TV is connected to the internet", but there was really no internet because all apps gave me errors or some just wouldn't load. I think I will contact my ISP and ask if my connections are somehow limited. If I can't find a solutin I'll just stick to Wi-Fi.
0 Likes
surfshoptom
Journeyman
Options

I just solved the wifi problem.  I tried everything.  I called Samsung twice and they helped me try everything again. Finally, the second gal said I have a problem that they don't know anything about and I needed to call a  licensed Samsung repair facility.  So I called.  They said they would come out for $109 to assess the fix and charge me possibly more to fix the TV.  I said thanks but no.  I found a used wifi module on Ebay.  I installed it today and wifi works perfect!  The first Samsung tech gal was rude and unhelpful.  The second gal was more knowlegeable and helpful, but lied through her teeth when she said Samsung has no knowledge of any wifi issues.  THEY SHOULD STEP UP AND GIVE EVERYONE A NEW WIFI MODULE AS SOON AS THEY CALL.  THEY KNOW ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND SEEM TO BE USING IT AS A PROFIT CENTER FOR THEIR SERVICE REPS. BS.

Manram70
First Poster
Options

I have a similar problem with my Samsung TV UA32H5500, software version 2190. It just stopped working 3 nights ago, WIFI is working fine however WIFI connections can be unstable hence the contingency to use CAT5 cable.

0 Likes
samtv2
First Poster
Options

Yes I have the same problem. Anyone found a solution? Got a UE40NU7189...

0 Likes
wmm
First Poster
Options

Samsung TVs have a long history of internet connection failures, both wired and via Wifi. My two Samsung TVs co-exist in a household with wired and wireless deviced made by Apple, Sony (a Smart TV), and Motorola and the internet connection problems are ALWAYS with the Samsung TVs. No exceptions.

After many software updates, TV resets, visits to Samsung-related websites and calls to Samsung support engineers, naively thinking that we could resolve the internet connection problems in our Samsung TVs for more than a few weeks, we decided to get a Roku. That worked beautifully--especially considering that our TVs are no longer under warranty. The take-away: Samsung makes decent regular TV sets. Just avoid their consistently unreliable internet connection features -- they're not worth your time and patience when all you need to do is spend about $50 on an external device that's far better than what's built into Samsung TVs.

0 Likes
MarleneH
First Poster
Options

I have been successfully using a wired connection through a splitter box from my cable for several years. Just recently, I keep getting the message "network cable disconnected." It is not disconnected, but somehow, my TV will not maintain the connection. I can connect, but cannot hold the connection. I also don't seem to be able to maintain a wireless connection to my router very well. But, when I am on via a wireless connection, I still keep getting the message "network cable disconnected." If I hit OK to make the message at the top of the TV screen go away, a minute later, I get another message asking me if I want to make a wired connection. If I don't, these two messages just keep cycling at the top of the screen, and the picture dims each time they come on. Please help. I have tried downloading update, but, of course, can't do that without a stable connection.

0 Likes