Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart TV doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet cable

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 01:54 PM)
Catalin2323
Apprentice
Options

Hello! I have recently bought a QE43Q60RAT TV and decided it would be a good idea to connect it to the internet through a cable (I know Wi-Fi can be unreliable sometimes). After I plug it in the TV starts setting up the connection but it fails to do so. I have to go into IP Settings and type all of the information. After that, the TV succesfuly connects to the router but it says it cannot connect to the internet. At this point, my PC (The only thing besides the TV that is connected in LAN) can't connect to the internet all of a sudden. If I unplug the PC from the router the TV immediately gains full acces to the internet and vice-versa. So it seems that I can only have one LAN connection at a time for some reason. Does anyone know of any solution or do I have to go into my router settings to change something to allow multiple connections?

Thank you in advance!

17 REPLIES 17
ccobine
First Poster
Options

This exact issue happens to my new SmartTV. It won't recognize any Ethernet cable. And won't automatically revert to wireless when the cable is removed. I wonder if the ethernet ports are bad? 

0 Likes
MarleneH
First Poster
Options

I found that my problem was the adapter for coax via ethernet (the box that takes the coaxial cable signal and converts it to ethernet). I replaced it with a new one. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J7OBUU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Now it works great.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I bought a UN43TU8000FXZA this past weekend and I have the same issue. The Tech Support person I spoke with at Samsung said to have no knowledge of this issue.

0 Likes
SherifIskander
First Poster
Options

I think I have figured it out. Somewhere in the manual it mentions the need for a Cat 7 Shielded Cable. I tried all types of cable and the TV would still not detect the cable. I went ahead and ordered the amazon basics "RJ45 Cat-7 Ethernet Patch Cable". This one worked!! So it looks like the onboard card is using the shield for something. Working fine now.. Good Luck!!

0 Likes
dnz2011
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Wired internet stopped working today out of blue. The internet worked fine when I connected the same cable to my laptop. So the problem is very likely with the Samsung TV. I will buy a Cat 7 cable and try again, but I am not optimistic about that. 

Update

I ended up getting a new wifi-router. All the problems are gone. Apparently the old wifi-router was not "powerful" enough,  or outdated.  On the other hand, the Samsung TV is more picky than my laptop.

0 Likes
Stidward
Student
Options

I have no idea why it worked but "reset network" resetting to factory settings for some reason madey wired connection suddenly work without issue

CEMS1
First Poster
Options

I am having the exact same issue with my UE55AU7100KXXU TV. I have only had the TV for about a month and when we moved into my flat 2 weeks ago the TV would not connect via an ethernet at all. I have read up on Samsungs issues with internet so decided to buy a CAT 7 cable as I have seen that could help to no avail. The cables all work plugged into various laptops however the tv repeatedly tells me the cable has been disconnected and constantly fails on wifi. Please can someone assist if they found a solution to this because I cannot watch any apps on my tv now with an error message, and seemingly cannot connect to internet at all. 

0 Likes
Stidward
Student
Options

I never did get it to stay working with Ethernet cable. I reset the tv to factory settings and just use wifi now. It seems if it doesn't remember you trying to use Ethernet then the wifi works well enough

0 Likes