Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 31-07-2017 01:38 PM)
Tobsta574
First Poster
Options

Uhd55 tv, voice command when pressed says, we're having trouble connecting, make sure your online or try later. 

Firmware up to date 

signed in to samsung and internet connection fine. ???

0 Likes
92 REPLIES 92
Rcgus
Apprentice
Options

@Trailwinder50 wrote:
Wouldn’t be so much of a problem if there were buttons on remote to change channels. OR a back up remote WITH number buttons.

You "can" control these functions.  You need to push down on the channel button on the right.  The menu should pop up then you can scroll through the channels.  This is how it work with FIOS I should say. 

0 Likes
Baker
Journeyman
Options

@Rcgus wrote:

@Trailwinder50 wrote:
Wouldn’t be so much of a problem if there were buttons on remote to change channels. OR a back up remote WITH number buttons.

You "can" control these functions.  You need to push down on the channel button on the right.  The menu should pop up then you can scroll through the channels.  This is how it work with FIOS I should say. 

True, but we still come back to the issue of providing features which don't work, especially in the example of disabled users which is why I bought a 49inch 4k UHD for a blind man, it's certainly not because he appreciates the depth of the blacks or refresh rate, it's because that's the starting point for the so called high end smart features like voice recognition. - IMO seems like Samsung as waging a market grab policy with features which don't work properly, they aren't the first corporate to use these tactics to stay ahead of the competition and certainly won't be the last.

0 Likes
Trailwinder50
Explorer
Options
I have to agree. I as well have a background in communications and a little in iT. That was one of the reasons each time I got on a chat that ended up with remote access and eventually a total reset I kept questions about a sever or hub issue. I was assured each time the VR didn’t need internet to work. 🤔🤔🤔🤔. 😉. So I asked, them why if I unplug my cat 6 does it give me the message my internet is not connected?? 🧐🙄🙄🙄
0 Likes
Baker
Journeyman
Options

Flow chart support monkeys drive me F***ing mad! 

0 Likes
Baker
Journeyman
Options

Annoying thing is I've always been a fan of Samsung, I'm still running a 42inch Plasma from 2005 as my main tv, bloody thing refuses to die so wife won't let me replace it!! but to spend half my Sunday trying and buying this new P.O.S and then half a day setting up and fault finding I've got to say I've lost any faith in the company (primarily because there are complaints going back over 2 years on this problem.)

0 Likes
Baker
Journeyman
Options

Just wondering if anyone on ***** has IP/DNS settings for Samsung which aren't generated automatically? 

0 Likes
Trailwinder50
Explorer
Options
Box thinkers huh🤫
0 Likes
RocknRobert
Student
Options

My tv 43" MU6300 voice recgognition on the Remote Control gives error, but seems to have latest firmeware...

0 Likes
KarlR
First Poster
Options
Thanks for the recommendation, worked with my Samsung Q7F QLED 4K TV. My thought is that I had paired my TV to an app on my iphone. ..best guess is that is when the paired connection became a problem between the remote and TV and voice commands.
0 Likes
1gooddad
First Poster
Options

So I have an $1,100 TV to which I can't turn the volume up and down because the server might be down? When I press the microphone button it tells me I'm not connected to the internet but I am connected to the internet. It worked fine for a day or two then quit working. Going to return it to the store tomorrow and buy a different brand. What a joke!

0 Likes