Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart remote voice control not working

(Topic created on: 19-12-2017 01:57 PM)
Tobsta574
First Poster
Options

Uhd55 tv, voice command when pressed says, we're having trouble connecting, make sure your online or try later. 

Firmware up to date 

signed in to samsung and internet connection fine. ???

0 Likes
92 REPLIES 92
Trailwinder50
Explorer
Options
Yep saw your post and tried mine it works. Now you think it’s not internet or at least Samsung support says the remote does NOT need internet to make remote work as it is blue tooth. Something tells me otherwise.
0 Likes
Dilly
Apprentice
Options

Both my remotes are configured to run the Sonos Playbar. I think that shuts off Bluetooth and uses optical. Clearly needs a server to complete the voice command.

0 Likes
DaveMe
Journeyman
Options

Interesting you should say that about a "backup" remote control with numbers on it.

I purchased a UE49MU6470UXXU 49"  about 3 weeks ago and it came with two remote controls.20171219_083208.jpg

This would suggest to me that Samsung are aware of a problem with "voice" and are now providing a second option.
Let's hope the TV will get an update in the future that fixes this.

Dilly
Apprentice
Options
My Q7 came with same 2 remotes.
The plastic one is definitely a bullet proof backup!
0 Likes
Baker
Journeyman
Options

This is a classic lack of capacity on the VR servers, The only reason I bought an MU7000 for my blind father was the voice rec, it worked fine for a few hours yesterday afternoon when I set it up, then as soon as peak usage time hits in the evening the service stops, given that after a short search online there are complaints going back 2 years I suspect this isn't going to be rectified anytime soon...

Baker
Journeyman
Options
Get your head out of your bottom, I bought one for my blind father so that he wouldn't be quite so isolated and get a bit more enjoyment out of living alone, Samsung are supposed to be the market leaders in Smart TV's and if they're going to launch these features they could at least work. Given 2 years of complaints about patchy functionality they should have got it fixed by now, especially as Amazon, Apple and Google have seemless VR offerings.
AntS
Options

Hi @Baker.

@Baker wrote:

This is a classic lack of capacity on the VR servers, The only reason I bought an MU7000 for my blind father was the voice rec, it worked fine for a few hours yesterday afternoon when I set it up, then as soon as peak usage time hits in the evening the service stops,

It'd definitely be interesting to know what times people experience the outages versus when it appears to resolve itself to see if your theory is right and there's an identifiable pattern here. I'm thinking info like model code, software version, country & timezone (there's a fair few non-UK peeps on the TV forums here), date and time would be useful for a more complete picture.

Trailwinder50
Explorer
Options
I think your onto something regarding peak times. I live on east coast eastern standard time with daylight savings. Most my problems when they occur are from around 10am to 9pm
Baker
Journeyman
Options

I've never had Samsung as a client but after a couple of decades in the IT world it's more than likely they'll have datacentres in 4/5 regions around the world handling local traffic for these cloud services and what i'd expect to see is a correlation between regional timezones and peak usage outages, what I do see a lot is companies launching cloud services without the right amount of resource behind them, assuming that Samsung have between 20,000-100,000 users high end Smart TV's in the UK alone (which i imagine is a conservative figure) the amount of data that many users creates is huge, even with the tiny bit rate that voice rec needs... the reason companies like Amazon's service works well is the 1Million sq ft of data centre they've got providing the service - of course none of this helps us in the meantime!!

Trailwinder50
Explorer
Options
I recently started using their FB messenger to let them know Perhaps a campaign of that would all let them know how we feel as a community forum