Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Device pop up bug

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 05:55 PM)
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

image.jpg

Since moving to another address, a pop up keeps appearing saying I need to allow/deny a smart things device from connecting to my tv. My phone has been connected for a long time, and no other devices could be  attempting to connect to my tv. PLEASE fix this bug, as having a pop up every 1-3 minutes while watching a film is the most disruptive thing I’ve ever experienced with a tv. Even with the setting to stop the notification after the first time doesn’t solve it, I’ve seen posts where 100+ notifications stack in the Device list so it is quite clearly a bug. 

21 REPLIES 21
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

I uninstalled the app smart things app from my phone, the pop up is still coming up 

papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry didn't help - can't think of anything else to suggest - hopefully someone will be able to help - hope you manage to get it sorted !
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

Update, tried the factory reset, the bug has still persisted 

0 Likes
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
0 Likes
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

Wow okay very interesting, I don’t actually have the Facebook app, but I do have messenger, I’ll test this now see if it works, such a weird bug 

Rogers95
First Poster
Options
Were you ever able to solve this?
0 Likes
Rihad
Apprentice
Options

There is no use bro.  Just disable wifi connection. Use it when you need it. That is the only solution now. I'm using like this. 

0 Likes
(1)
MotoJoe 250
Journeyman
Options

No e problem persisted, until I moved back to my original address, at a new place now and it’s not doing it so god knows what was wrong, think I maybe has something to do with either it being a public (or business) WiFi or the TV was just having a a meltdown, but I don’t use the TV with WiFi anymore just in case, sad Samsung can’t fix this Becuase it’s meant the ‘smart’ side of the Tv is practically useless to me 

DavidChyandour
First Poster
Options

I just read this as yesterday it appeared that my neighbour was trying to connect. Do you have some understanding of how this can happen and how I can stop it. Many thanks.

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - I guess if a neighbour has a device which is within range of your hub then if it is trying to find a connection it will " see " your hub ! I remember a while back in my daughters flat when she first set up connection from her phone to her new broadband the phone found 3 different broadband hubs - hers and I presume 2 of her neighbours !
Make sure you have all your stuff passworded so no one else should be able to connect to your device and if you get a connection request then disallow it
0 Likes