Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
David45467
First Poster
Options
I've got the same problem and samsung refuse to accept its a manufacturing fault. They just don't care. I own quite a few Samsung products like phones, TVs and even microwave but I won't be buying anymore. You should all spam their twitter page with your pictures of the white circles so potential customers know how bad samsung tvs are.
0 Likes
parsec3d
First Poster
Options

Would you mind sharing a link to the back-light replacement model, or a link to the back light videos, I opened mine after seeing the videos of the falling lenses, and that is not the problem here mine has circles all over the screen and none of the lenses were out of place.

0 Likes
patryk
Student
Options

the problem of white circles is often caused by the burnout of the led backlight. the changes are so subtle that they cannot be noticed without the use of a magnifying glass. unfortunately all led strips need to be replaced with new ones. The led strips have serial numbers and according to them you have to look for new ones on ali express.

0 Likes
Frank661
First Poster
Options

Obviously this is an issue with Samsung tv because our 70 inch tv is now getting these white circles and Samsung is saying they have no knowledge of these circles funny I’m seeing lots of other people with the same issue so what do we plan on doing about these issues or is this going to be talk to a lawyer and file a suit against Samsung for saying they have no knowledge of this problem 

0 Likes
Mandy T
Apprentice
Options

Yes I also have the exact same problem as you. Small white circles all over the screen 😢

0 Likes
leeper
First Poster
Options

I see you are recent with this issue. I have it on an older model and was wondering what year your tv is from and if you don't mind what model also. Their tv's still get good reviews but i'm hesitant to buy another  if the issue hasn't been resolved. 

0 Likes
Boovee
Apprentice
Options

Sorry, TV has long gone. Good luck

0 Likes
Mandy T
Apprentice
Options

It was purchased around 2016 but I’m afraid I don’t have the model number. I did speak with Samsung but they couldn’t help as warranty had expired. They did offer 15% off a new tv though so I purchased another Samsung online with them from UK store. When it arrived I set it all up correctly & unfortunately along the top of the tv the picture was all jumpy. So contacted customer services again & sent it back for a refund. I can’t remember the model number I’m sorry. I would like to add that customer service with Samsung are awful but maybe that’s just here in the Uk. It’s very difficult to understand what they are saying due to language barrier  & they make you do all these visual tests with your mobile phone that they connect to so they can see the problem. In my experience with what’s happened I would never touch Samsung again but as I say that’s my opinion & my experience I had with them. 
Hope that’s of some help to you. 
Regards

Mandy

0 Likes
Boovee
Apprentice
Options

Well said Mandy. Can't comment on customer service, but I'm hoping this was just a  isolated case with this model, or production batch. I actually bought another Samsung, and so far all is well. Let's see in 2 years!

twuk
Pioneer
Options

Fwiw, we've got this on a 'top of the range' Q950TS (QLED 8k model from 2020).  Going between Samsung and John Lewis at the moment.  Both Samsung and JL's repairer have confirmed it's on the way out, yet JL insist on collecting it before they'll confirm it's beyond economical repair.  Repairer said both the display and OneConnect will have to be replaced, meaning the only thing that won't have been replaced is the remote/power cable/oneconnect cable.  😂

Annoying that we have to play the game with collection, wait etc. before we can get it replaced.