Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 07:43 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
UnhappyCustomer100
First Poster
Options

Same model 6Series same problem - white rings.

This complaint started as far back as 2018! That's when I bought my TV. It seems Samsung knew about this problem then and was still selling it to uninformed customers worldwide. This is unscrupulous and something should be done about it or I will encourage all future potential customers to avoid Samsung products. 

After owning the set for two years, I noticed a white ring appearing at the left side of the screen. More ring started  to appear over time and it has become irritating to watch a 4K TV with white rings all over the screen!

Samsung should do a recall to make good the repairs. Don't try to use words like "it is past the warrenty period" when you sell a product to customers with known defect pre-production.

0 Likes
goralpm
Apprentice
Options

the same problem, I told them that it was a hidden defect, but they insist that there is no hidden defect in they TV's, the warranty is finish, so get out!!!

They told me to pay around £500 for repair.

Model EU50MU6120 - problem starts around one and half year from buying.

I will newer ever buy any TV set from Samsung any more. I want buy TV for at least 10 years not 2 years.

Lilassa
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same problem with Samsung. TV is less than two months old. Two representatives

20210120_141733.jpg

20210120_141357.jpg

Screenshot_20210118-134010_Video Player.jpg

on the phone told me they couldn't see the lines that are blatantly obvious and visible. Shocking service 

0 Likes
Buteman
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem a year ago. Sadly I had just bought a Samsung tablet. If it had happened before I got the tablet and had seen how many had already got the same problem I would not have bought the tablet. I would have got a Lenovo or any other brand. I like my Samsung tablet but I won't buy any more Samsung products. They know this is a problem and are still producing products giving the same problems. 

0 Likes
Timpsk
Student
Options

I'm having the same problem. A software update will not fix this problem. Surprised with Samsung, usually so good. Will not be buying another TV from them again. 3yrs old TV shouldn't be faulty through normal use.

IMG_20210209_210503.jpg

0 Likes
MCFC10
Apprentice
Options

The white circles are back Samsung! It has been fine since you repaired it in October 2019 but it is only 4 and a half years old.

New Zealand consumer rights state that TVs should last for at least 8 years. Please can you either provide a TV which is fit for purpose or give me a full refund? 

My Samsung smartwatch broke after 6 months too, My brand loyalty is diminishing. Please help!

0 Likes
ShockClown
Student
Options

Was starting o get used to the white circles, now I have a 'purple stain' creeping all over my screen. Samsung is absolute trash. Will never buy another Samsung TV again. The fact it seems to be such a widespread issue and they don't acknowledge it. Joke.

0 Likes
JoePav-521
Apprentice
Options

Samsung,

What will you do? I am forwarding this thread to the US Consumer Protection Agency, and as many other consumer advocate agencies I can find.

Have a nice day.

Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

Crikey, the thread has grown a bit. It is disgraceful that they are still selling products with the same fault and not fixing free or compensating. Trouble is many folk have taken the hit and moved on.  As I've said before in this thread somewhere, Samsung used to be really good with premature failure when out of warranty. No more it seems.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
patryk
Student
Options

I had the same problem with mine. I fixed the fault by replacing the LED backlight. IT cost about 20$ on aliexpress. the repair itself was not too difficult. no soldering required. all you need is a screwdriver. you can find instructional videos on YouTube.

0 Likes