Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small White Circles on TV screen

(Topic created on: 03-08-2018 02:04 AM)
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options

By small I mean a 20mm dia small white circles in a grid pattern are visble on the display, Its particularly bad on plain backrounds but evident all the time. Photos don't show it very well but I have attached one to try and help. You have to look carefully - its more obvious than this when watching. The TV model is UE50KU6000K and it just over two years old. We have four Samsung TV's in the house - I hope this isn't going to be a trend!

circles.jpg

275 REPLIES 275
goralpm
Apprentice
Options

Here is a link to the LED lines.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001255063655.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.5f1c1802qswqUo 

Part numer: 

V6DU-500DCA-R2
V6DU-500DCB-R2
BN96-39657A/BN96-39658A

Is for model's: 

UE50MU6122
UE50MU6105
UE50KU6075
UE50KU6020
UE50KU6072
deadl0ck
Student
Options

Brilliant - thanks !

0 Likes
twuk
Pioneer
Options

I think about 1.5 years

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Hi all, I got given a Samsung TV from a neighbour because of the circles and thought "it can't be that bad?" I was very wrong,TV is unwatchable as is. My question is,and I've looked through the comments,if I get the LEDs replaced would the same fault happen again over time? I can't pursue through Samsung as I don't have POC but a local guy can replace for £150 with genuine parts. Apart from this issue it's a good TV. £150 is cheaper than buying a new one. TIA 🫡
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Sorry POP not POC...proof of purchase 🤦
0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options
If you are sure your guy will do a good job then I'd give it a go. Like you say a good deal, a TV for £150, and probably a better job than than the original so should last.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Cheers for the reply,he's got a good reputation and he was up front about genuine parts v non genuine and prices etc. Even if I get a few years out of it it'll be worth the £150👍
0 Likes
Tassy1
First Poster
Options

My last Samsung TV lasted exactly 1 year and 1 week, just out of warranty, before it died.  I bought another 2 years ago, again from BestBuys, but this time I got Geek Squad insurance.  I'm glad I did as my TV started with the grid pattern lights a couple of weeks ago.  Geek Squad will be out on April 7th as it's under their extended warranty.   I like the picture quality of the Samsung TVs but they seem to have major issues starting about a year after purchase.  As such, I advise people who want a Samsung tv to buy it from Best Buys and get the Geek Squad warranty. Otherwise, in my opinion, their tvs aren't worth the money as they break down easily.

0 Likes
Morphy69
Apprentice
Options

Not sure if this thread is still very active, but a Samsung chat advisor is telling me that these marks on my screen that won't disappear are caused by cosmetic damage, it'sWhatsApp Image 2023-06-11 at 11.50.06.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-06-11 at 11.50.14.jpg 14 months old and has a 5-year warranty on it. Any info would be helpful.  

0 Likes
Ogben812
Pioneer
Options
All I can say is that those marks are nothing like the small white circles that the original post refers to.
0 Likes