Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky HDR problem - KS7000

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 10:53 AM)
Joe147
First Poster
Options
I can only get Sky HDR content to 'kick-in' properly by switching to a different source/input then back again. If I select a HDR programme the tv thinks it is displaying HDR (logo appers and backlight jumps to full) but the picture is washed out and colourless. TV on latest firmware (1242), HDMI UHD colour switched on and new v3 Sky Q box. TV and box definitely capable of HDR as I can get it as described above, it just doesn't seem to want to 'auto switch'. Very strange and frustrating! Any help would be appreciated!
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Kendo88
Explorer
Options

YES! You have answered my question about Sky Q HDR on my KS7000. I knew something was wrong with the colours being washed out and colourless. I tried switching inputs as you said and it absolutely works. Have you come across a fix?

0 Likes
Joe147
First Poster
Options
No, unfortunately not. I have tried speaking to samsung but I just get the generic responses and it seems to be a bit advanced for any of the 'technical team' to understand (i.e. they don't have an answer for it in their script 😂). Guess I'll just put up with it until it's time to get a new tv. Needless to say it won't be a samsung when the time comes!
0 Likes
Kendo88
Explorer
Options

Have you updated to the newest firmware 1243.2? Wonder if it's any different on that one

0 Likes
Joe147
First Poster
Options
Yeah did it a few days ago. was hopeful it would solve it but no luck!
0 Likes
Kendo88
Explorer
Options

I'm just so surprised that nobody else seems to be talking about this. big problem

0 Likes
Joe147
First Poster
Options
Yes me too! I actually found this workaround from someone else on the sky forums who had the same issue. The tv recognises that a hdr programme/film is being played as the backlight jumps up to 20 and the hdr emblem is showed when you press info on the samsung remote, but it quite obviously isn't switching to the hdr colour profile. Moving to a different source and then back again 'forces' it into the correct colour profile for the hdr programme. The only thing is when you've finished watching in hdr and go back to the sky menu or another channel, the tv holds the hdr colour profile so you need to repeat the process of switching inputs/sources to 'force' it back out again
0 Likes
Kendo88
Explorer
Options

Yeah that is what I noticed too. If there is no other solution, then maybe I will just add a button to my Harmony remote that toggles inputs just to 'enable' the HLG

0 Likes
aartstyle
Explorer
Options

Also in the netherlands we have this problem with HLG broadcasts from Ziggo (so it's not a Sky issue but a Samsung issue). Did anyone ever recieved an official reply from Samung about this?

0 Likes
JamieT78
First Poster
Options

Has anyone got a solution to this problem with sky HLG as I have the same issue. 

0 Likes