Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the default app

(Topic created on: 01-12-2020 06:24 PM)
Ddw1966
First Poster
Options

I use YouTube TV as my television service and would like my Samsung TV to start up on that instead of TVPlus. Is there a way to change the default startup app?

97 REPLIES 97
pukelotts
Student
Options

I'm also looking for an answer to this question. When I turn my TV on, it immediately goes to TV Plus instead of my preferred app. This seems like a very basic setting that Samsung should have thought of...

AndrewL
Options

@Ddw1966 @pukelotts: Can you try heading to Settings > General > Smart Features > Autorun Last app, and set this to 'On'. With this feature enabled, the TV will automatically default to the last app you were using when you switch on the TV. I hope this helps. 

Macbethgr
First Poster
Options

This does not work.  Honestly, this is completely unusable.  I just want YouTubeTV to launch when I turn the TV on, I have no use for TVPLUS.

pukelotts
Student
Options

That feature was already enabled on my TV but it doesn't auto start YouTube TV. Sometimes YouTube TV app takes a few seconds to load and connect to the internet, maybe that could be the reason it doesn't auto start?

gtb4775
First Poster
Options

Agree - doesn't work.  NO matter what I do, now that I don't have cable, it always defaults to Samsung TVPlus.

Mtrimboli13
First Poster
Options

Need an answer? The auto run last app does not work

McShelby
First Poster
Options

I haven’t found a way to get it load a preferred app or even the last app used BUT I did get it to stop playing tvplus.

When the app is highlighted in the carousel arrow down to “Remove” but don’t actually remove it. Instead choose “Disable” and you’ll be met with blissful silence upon startup. 

All that said, this is a moronic oversight by developers and its needs a patch immediately. 

operiPUa
First Poster
Options

An oversight, sure. However, features are rarely decided upon by the developers, especially in a company as large as Samsung. Please point your blame to the product owners.

Bryan777
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL, any update on this? I have the setting enablerd to start the last app and it almost always starts with the annoying Samsung TV Plus showing videos or movies and some which are not appropriate for a child turning on the TV. We need this fixed to start the last app (i.e. Hulu) I was previously watching.