Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there, or can I get, a playback dedicated remote for my Samsung television?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 09:10 AM)
ghostsforge
Student
Options

I have a Samsung TV, with the BN59-01268D remote, which only has four small playback buttons at the very bottom.  The rewind, play, pause, stop and fast-forward.  I really like to put a memory stick into the television to watch videos that way, but the tiny buttons on the remote make it really difficult.  Is there by any chance a separate Samsung remote control, dedicated just to playback and with easier to use buttons?  Is there even another brand of remote that would work with my Samsung television?  I know that the playback buttons are a throwaway thought on the remote, but it's just so awkward to use them and it's a major part of why I wanted a television with USB and playback capabilities.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @ghostsforge ,

you can try to download our Smart Switch app on your phone, so you can control it from there. Find more about this here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/smart-tv/use-your-mobile/

0 Likes
ghostsforge
Student
Options

Thank you for reply!  I actually already know about the phone app and I do have it and use it occasionally...but it can be awkward to use as a remote, when you say get an email or want to browse for something, etc.  Ideally, I'm just trying to find something totally independent, separate from my phone and the existing remote, which is just so cumbersome.  Do Samsung do function specific remotes for their multifunction devices, or is there a third-party device that I could use?  The remote is awkward, the app...awkward in a different way and I just want a means of playing, pausing and fast-forwarding.

0 Likes