Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen randomly goes black but audio remains

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 12:44 PM)
u416648
First Poster
Options
Hi, I have a new problem with my UE49MU7070 TV. It seems to have begun around 2 weeks ago. The screen flicks black for a second or two with audio continuing. Sometimes, it can go days and then happening persistently for a short while. I have reseated the hdmi cables but they appear fine and to be fair they have been fine since I purchased the TV in 2018. This problem is both live TV and watching recordings on SKY Q. When running back and forward on SKY  it doesnt happen again so definitely not a hard drive issue. The firmware is 1280. Serial number 0DF43HIJ300203W. I cannot be sure but it seems coincidental that it started around the same time as when the firmware was updated. Please help, its sending me nuts. 
Thanks
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @u416648! Try power cycling the TV first: Unplug your TV from the wall socket > Wait 30 seconds, then plug your TV back in > Using your remote, turn your TV on. Also, sometimes electronics, such as mobile phones, fans, speakers and microwaves, may cause this problem. Are there any electronics close to your TV?

0 Likes
rwideman
First Poster
Options

Seems from researching this that its a common problem with samsung tvs. i have the Un65MU8000 and have called samsung on different occasions explaining this issue and everytime they always say power cycle tv or reset tv and same issue keeps happening.  that along with sound cutting out is becoming frustrating but i go have best buy geek squad coming to check out today but its so random these issues happen that it very well may not do it when they are here.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @rwideman ,

Other devices could be interfering with your TV. If you have connected other devices the TV may be receiving a signal from the other device and then turns on. Can you please unplug the HDMI cable from your TV and all the devices and cables going to your TV for a few hours and let us know if this has solved the issue?

0 Likes