Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung ue65cu8000

(Topic created on: 09-11-2023 12:12 AM)
Cabbypatch
First Poster
Options

Want to know if my Samsung ue65cu8000 can be connected to a hard drive to be able to record live tv?

thanking you in advance

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@Cabbypatch: It can indeed. Please note that it is recommended to use a USB hard disk that supports USB 2.0 or later and 5,400 rpm or higher. RAID-type USB hard drives and USB memory sticks are not supported. For further guidance, please take a look at pages 116-122 of the user manual by following the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202310/20231027164431974/BN81-24055C-401_EM_OSPDVBEUC_...

0 Likes
Cabbypatch
First Poster
Options

Ive had 2 Samsung chat assistants that say it can’t record, I’ve tried a western digital mybook that is recognised by the tv, but no Samsung software loads, it just shows folders on the hard drive and bt able to set up on tv, I’ve formatted the hard drive and still unable to record, also tried a usb stick and have the same problem. When connecting the WD hard drive should the tv recognise the hdd and install any needed software?

don’t want to buy a new hdd and find out it won’t work.

my western digital mybook is about 6-7 years old, I can’t find any firmware upgrades

0 Likes