Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung UE55MU6100 - Smart Hub Appears Corrupted

(Topic created on: 23-05-2018 07:59 PM)
Rich2005
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Having some issues with my Samsung UE55MU6100 (55" 4k TV).

It appears the Smart Hub is somehow corrupted or having problems (might be other things but this is visibly wrong).

file.jpg.jpeg

As you can see the images are now blank or visible missing parts / corrupted. This is after resetting the smart hub and this is the initial setup process you can see pictured.

Prior to the reset, apps like iPlayer had also stopped working properly, barely loading anything, and if they did - not working for long.

I've read about a firmware update bricking TVs badly and I'm hoping this isn't the case for me......but as it's like this after a reset I'm not optimistic.

Anyone got any ideas/advice?

Thanks,

Rich

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Rich2005
Apprentice
Options

Just done the full factory reset now, rather than just the smart hub, and we're looking good. Icons are back etc. Will update when confirmed fixed.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
CarlH
Options

Hi @Rich2005. What software version are you currently running? Can you confirm you've reset Smart Hub using the following steps? Menu > Smart Hub > Reset Smart Hub. At this point you will be prompted to enter a PIN. If you have not set one up this will be 0000. 

0 Likes
Rich2005
Apprentice
Options

Yup reset it using the exact steps you describe and the photo above is taken during the setup following that process confirming it's not fixed it.

Software version is 1210.

0 Likes
Solution
Rich2005
Apprentice
Options

Just done the full factory reset now, rather than just the smart hub, and we're looking good. Icons are back etc. Will update when confirmed fixed.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
Rich2005
Apprentice
Options

Looks like all is well with the world again. Thanks for the reply anyway Carl! Was trying to avoid the full reset, but setting things back up was relatively painless anyway (with some photos take of settings to speed things up!) :smiling-face:

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Glad you got this sorted @Rich2005. Thanks for letting us know!

0 Likes
Upforit
First Poster
Options
Dune.
0 Likes
JoeScaramanga
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for jumping on an old thread but I'm having this exact same problem with my UE49MU6400.

I've tried several factory resets and nothing sorts it. In addition to the smart hub pictures being distorted I'm also finding nothing will play from the hub. Either the apps don't open, or if they do I can only get about 30 seconds in to a programme before with buffers and then it buffers every few seconds. I've tried almost every app to no avail. My internet is fine and I'm able to use my Chromecast from my phone to the TV with no issues.

Been dealing with Samsung support for weeks on this and currently awaiting a USB with a software update (1239.91) but it's been a week now so wondering if anyone had any other ideas? 

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hey @JoeScaramanga. Can you send me a PM on here? I can then access your account and maybe give you an update on the wherabouts of your USB. 

0 Likes