Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV UE43RU7100KXXU - severe flickering/screen issue

(Topic created on: 07-10-2021 08:47 AM)
MATTYSPEN
Student
Options

Hello, we have owned our tv for 3 years and recently (the last week) it has developed a severe flickering (see video).

We have tried all the various diagnostics within the Settings, turned off and on, checked connections etc, looked online for solutions but to no avail.

Occurs at all times - watching Sky, Netflix, Prime etc.

Has anyone had similar; is it repairable?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MATTYSPEN  Do you have the latest firmware for your Tv which is 1385.0 released  July 2021, if not can be downloaded to USB from the support site. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE43RU7100WXXN/   Know you have tried various things but does that include a  Factory Reset.

However if still problems you would best advised to contact  samsung Support via phone or Live chat https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MATTYSPEN
Student
Options

Thanks James; having tried all of the above, the flickering has only now stopped after I noticed a plastic film over the Samsung logo at the bottom of the screen. Removed the film and the flickering has stopped altogether for the last few days. There is a red light below the logo, I think it could be the remoted control interface? Whatever it is, the plastic cover may have been causing some kind of interference?

Hopefully this is the end of it....?

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MATTYSPEN  Glad the issues appears to be solved.whilst pity you had not noticed the plastic film before these things happen. Yes the red light is the standby indicator.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes