Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 19-08-2021 01:47 AM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

223 REPLIES 223
Dilly
Apprentice
Options

My 2017 Q55Q7 has just started clicking. The click is regular and about once per second. It only does it when on or recording and stops about ten seconds after putting it on standby.

fortunately still under 5 year warranty and being taken in for repair/replacement.

0 Likes
chrisigna
First Poster
Options

My new samsung is also doing it, only 3 days old. 43" AU8000

Has anyone tried removing the plastic back cover & running it without it on to see if the noise stops?

Maybe lining the inside of it with something?

0 Likes
Dave Payne
First Poster
Options

I just bought a 55” AU8000, and it started the clicking / popping noise when off within a few hours of setting it up. I returned the unit and replaced it with another which also has the same problem. I’m going to reach out to Samsung and reference this thread to see if they have any new recommendations.

0 Likes
Members_9gLI2ha
First Poster
Options

Hi, not sure if this is exactly the same noise as we were experiencing: regular ticking sound from the rear of the TV, appeared to be near connections, that is audible over moderate speaker volume and continUes for several seconds after TV is turned off?

If it is then I may have stumbled upon a solution whilst trying to find out why our TV wouldn't record to the connected SSD.

Having found that we had no signal on DVB-S tuner, only on DVB-S2, I started checking the satellite cable connections. When I disconnected one of the cables the ticking sound stopped. Reconnecting it caused the noise to start again. After tracing the bad connection to the wall socket, and receiving a signal on DVB-S tuner the ticking noise stopped and has not returned.

Recording is also functioning properly again.

I can only assume that the ticking noise was caused by within the tuner circuitry, trying to establish a connection.

Worthwhile checking your connections and signal strengths at least.

0 Likes
Members_9gLI2ha
First Poster
Options

Try checking your satellite cable connections, we've experienced this ticking noise for the past month since moving our TV. Discovered last night that we had no signal on one of the DVB-S tuners, disconnected the cable and the ticking stopped. Have since traced the bad connection at the wall socket, now have full signal and the ticking noise has gone

0 Likes
Chefjen1
First Poster
Options

Mine makes the ticking noise like a fast heartbeat and my tv hasn’t been on in 24 hrs. I don’t mind it as long as it’s not dangerous I’m going out of town and I don’t wanna worry that it’s gonna ignite or something

0 Likes
fdher537
First Poster
Options

I have a 2021 model and also makes this ticking noise. Seems Samsung hasnt learned from their design flaw. Probably still uses the same plastic / assembling of the units.

I can see from this thread that some people reported that the noise went away after some months. Is this still the case? 

0 Likes
gcrc
First Poster
Options

Same issue, bought a The Frame TV, it was not cheap and it is continuously clicking, can't watch any movie, when I turn it off it still continuous  so I can't go to sleep, have to take it off the wall mount, bring it to another room. Samsung states this is normal behaviour and they won't even check it. If this is normal behaviour, why they don't inform us about this before buying the TV? Clearly no one would buy it. I feel I got scammed by Samsung and I never thought this could happen. Basically zero support, faulty product sold like this is normal. Terribly disappointed, no Samsung product ever again.

0 Likes
Lilee11
First Poster
Options

I also have the new 65” and love it but just like the original post said , after 2-3 months mine is constantly ticking . On, off, day, night it clicks and it’s driving me nuts. I’m a light sleeper and the TV is in our bedroom so this is actually waking me and keeping me up at night. The reply from Samsung is that this is faulty and to return the item but I do not have the original box or receipt after 2 months. I’m debating on replacing the TV with a non Samsung - for my sanity- something  I really don’t want to have to do, especially after the amount of money I spent on it….

0 Likes
Xtremekyter
First Poster
Options

I live in the U.S. and just bought a new 55" QD6, took it home, set it up and it works great. However, it is set up in the BR and when you turn it off at night it begins to tap like a raindrop on the roof or someone tapping on your wall. It makes it impossible to sleep unless you unplug the set. It starts with 5 quick taps and then settles to one tap per second.  It is not due to temperature change. Because Samsung's refund process is to pick up the TV before you get the refund I went out and bought another TV exactly like the one I'm returning thinking it can't happen twice but the new one does the same thing. I will be returning both for a refund and moving to another brand. Sad because we have several Samsung products.

0 Likes