Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung TV suddenly started making clicking/ ticking noise both when on and off (QLED QE55Q7F)

(Topic created on: 28-02-2018 06:13 PM)
RangerX
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I bought this TV around 2 months ago.

QE55Q7F

everything is great except since last week the TV suddenly started to make this clicking / ticking noise every once in a while.

the noise comes from behind the TV and is very similar to mouse click.

it is audible and distracting.

it doesn't matter if the TV is on or off and it does happen even after hours (8+) after TV is turned off, so I don't think it's related to normal hot/cold electrical expanding noise.

it makes this noise every few seconds..sometimes it stops for few hours and then goes on with less requency.

the TV functions normally aside from this noise.

this noise was not present at first and it started just recently.

what is this noise and what should I do?

anyone has similar experience?

Go to solution
223 REPLIES 223
Edward Leaders
Apprentice
Options

I purchased an Amazon Plug and tell Amazon to shut off Power to the TV when Its not being watched.  This is a quality issue most likely associated with a defective capacitor prior to hitting the power transformer.  It is eating away your money.  Get it taken care of ASAP!!

0 Likes
Edward Leaders
Apprentice
Options

Indicative of a faulty capacitor.  Swap TVs until it goes away.

0 Likes
Dizzle
Student
Options

Good idea on the Amazon smart plug.  My tv does the clicking whether on or off, so your right in that it’s likely consuming power.  What do you mean by “swap TVs until it goes away?”  

0 Likes
Edward Leaders
Apprentice
Options

I believe after your purchase of Samsung, you have 90 days at least to exchange it. Within that time you can exchange it as many times as you wish.

0 Likes