Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV Black line on screen

(Topic created on: 25-02-2024 09:23 PM)
Piotr Chyrc
First Poster
Options

Has anyone come across the image below? Suddenly the black line appeared. Tried turning off the TV for 30 mins, unplugging all hdmi etc but nothing works. If anyone has had this before did you manage to fix it?

Model number is UE55AU7100KXXU

1000006090.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
That's not a software issue but a hardware issue. The edge lit lights have died/been damaged. Just a tiny guess did it try and wall mount it.
0 Likes
Piotr Chyrc
First Poster
Options

Figured it's hardware but no clue how it happened. Worked fine day before, hasn't been touched at all and the next day this appeared. Didn't touch it. 

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah its damaged unfortunately, maybe covered under warranty but usually only 12 months on crystal models and its a 2021 model unfortunately. Check with who you got it from but I guarantee a repair will he cost of the newer CU7100
0 Likes
Piotr Chyrc
First Poster
Options

@Gurky wrote:
Yeah its damaged unfortunately, maybe covered under warranty but usually only 12 months on crystal models and its a 2021 model unfortunately. Check with who you got it from but I guarantee a repair will he cost of the newer CU7100

Got it November 2022 so yeah out of warranty. Well that sucks, thank you for your help though! Will see what a local repairman says about the repair cost but I'm guessing you are right. Bummer 

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Yeah dates seem right! I forgot AU7100 got carried over! To be honest for the price if you don't care much on quality Samsung.com is kinda making space for 2024 range so a 55Q60C would be awesome upgrade or a CU8000 would be nice, you can get a CU7100 but spec wise it's the same so isn't an upgrade.
0 Likes