Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TU8500 wall mount issue - screws won't fit

(Topic created on: 25-09-2020 02:14 AM)
ACG89
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've just bought a 50in Samsung Crystal UHD TU8500, and a 'Ross' brand Universal Flat To Wall TV Wall Mount, to fit it to my living room wall.

Unfortunately there seems to be an issue in fitting the mount to the back of the television. None of the screws provided will fit and hold the TV and mount together. It seems the screws included with the wall mount are various M8 screws, with the longest ones being around 25mm - these fit into the 4 VESA screw holes on the back of the TV, but do not reach any thread and/or screw into the back of the TV.

The information in the Samsung manual seems vague, but seems to mention "39-41 mm" screws being needed. 

Will purchasing 40mm M8 screws (or longer ones, whilst using a spacer) from Amazon or similar be an adequate replacement, and would they fit into the holes on the back of the TV and screw in properly?

Also, if so, I am still slightly concerned that with long enough screws not being provided as part of the universal wall mount kit, does this suggest that the wall mount is not capable of holding up this television?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
DarrellReid89
First Poster
Options

I found and answer to your question upon stumbling on their website. They said that you CAN acquire NEW screws from the hardware store just measure the length you need. I hope this helps

0 Likes
Rickjames84
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem did you fix it? 

0 Likes
neoace77
First Poster
Options

Yeah I have a similar problem. I just bought the RU9000 and the owners manual wasn't clear. Yours may have come with mount adapter like mine did. However the universal mount kits don't have the length screw that the television needs. My needs to be 43-45 mm for the 65 inch. I'm not sure what the TU8500 50 inch would need. Samsung was not helpful for requiring a non standard screw that they don't provide with the television and is hard to find. My guess is they want to sell their mount kit. 

flyinglizard
Explorer
Options

I have TU8500 50" and M8 x 45 mm bolts fit it perfectly. Bought them on eBay advertised as "Samsung 2021 model M8 Wall Mount Screws Kit UE55TU8500 TU8500 TU8507 TU8510". 

MilanAC21
Apprentice
Options

I have TU8500 65", ended up using M8 x 50 mm bolt with spacers on top, quite scary to fit such a long screw...

0 Likes
Gburns
Apprentice
Options

Hi, did your tv come with adapters/spacers about 30mm long? And did you use the adpters with the 50mm bolts

0 Likes
Gburns
Apprentice
Options

Hi - did you use these bolts with samsung adapters/spacers which came with the tv?

0 Likes
Gburns
Apprentice
Options

Did your tv come with samsung adapters/spacers - and did u use them

0 Likes
MilanAC21
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, my tv mount came with multiple spacers, i ended up using 10mm for top, and 5mm for the bottom... and no, the tv did not come with any adapters.