Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 09-11-2018 04:54 AM)
Jennywren
First Poster
Options

My dads tv is flashing "error loading category: (this part changes constantly) ... navigate  ..  select..  hide/show".

How can we stop this.

Sorry none of us have much idea about this tv.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

What's the model code of the TV, @Jennywren? You can find this on the label at the back of the TV.

0 Likes
Jennywren
First Poster
Options
Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier. The model is UA40C7000*RC
Thanks!
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jennywren wrote:
Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier. The model is UA40C7000*RC
Thanks!

Hi @Jennywren, I would check you have the latest firmware-no software appears for this model on Samsung support via USB.  According to guide you can update via channel or internet.  ua40c7000.pdf           

■"By Online: Upgrade the software using the Internet. ✎ First, configure your network. For detailed procedures on using the Network Setup, refer to the “Network Connection” instructions. ✎ If the internet connection doesn’t operate properly, the connection may be broken. Please retry downloading. If the problem persists, download by USB and upgrade.

■ By Channel: Upgrade the software using the broadcasting signal. ✎ If the function is selected during the software transmission period, software will be automatically searched and downloaded. ✎ The time required to download the software is determined by the signal status. ■ Standby Mode Upgrade: A manual upgrade will be automatically performed at selected time. Since the power of the unit is turned on internally, the screen may be turned on slightly for the LED product. This phenomenon may continue for more than 1 hour until the software upgrade is complete.

■ Alternative Software (backup): Displays the Software version downloaded through By Online. During the Software upgrading, When the Upgrade will discontinue from last step, this function be activated. HD Connection Guide Refer to this information when connecting external devices to the TV. Contact Samsung View this information when your TV does not work properly or when you want to upgrade the software. You can find information regarding our call centres, and how to download products and software".

If does not solve issue or cannot upgrade would suggest resetting, appears to be 2010 Tv and should be found by Menu- Set up, could also try unpligging for a few minutes to see if that makes a difference. Is your Dad using any On Demand services on Tv and any issues there?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes