Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV has scroll like burning effect after a short itme of watching

(Topic created on: 13-05-2024 09:49 AM)
Gazza272
Apprentice
Options

Hi There,

i have a Qled Samsung, a few weeks ago, a burning effect came from the corner of the screen, its like when you set an envelope on fire, and it burns from one corner accross

this left the TV unwatchable, i have taken the plug out and it worked for a couple of weeks and it happened again. 

it is now getting more frequent after each re set. has anyone had this happen to their QLED screen? the fact the screen comes back suggests it might be a software issue? 

do i need to to do a factory re set do you think this will help? its only 18 months old and i'm livid that having paid over 600 pound it has already encountered an error. 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
You seriously used the tv for two weeks after it started burning in the corner.
G G
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Contact the retailer you purchased it from and explain the problem with it.
If you are in the UK, and are getting issues with getting a repair or replacement from the retailer.
You can try sending a Direct Message from your profile to @Sam_UK
One of the Moderators may be able to assist with some advice

But personally I would be unplugging to TV and not using it anymore until it's been looked at
Gazza272
Apprentice
Options

well as it's a QLED I'm not sure how to describe it, it kind of has a wiping burning effect across the screen but i didn't think QLED burnt? but that's what the effect looks like, it starts from the top right of the screen and  it also seemed like it might have been an isolated incident. 

I'm not really here for judgement, more trying to see what exactly the effect of it is :smiling-face: 

AaronAJ
Options

If you want to send a PM to @Sam_UK i'll be happy to discuss this further with you.

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Did you buy it in the uk?
G G
0 Likes
Gazza272
Apprentice
Options

I did. from Argos. already been to them, there's nothing they can do sadly 😞 

0 Likes
Stuvan
Voyager
Options
Have a read up of the Consumer Rights Act.

It should reasonably last longer than 18 months, so I would write a letter stating this to Argos' complaints dept. They may ask you to provide an engineer's report showing the TV is faulty but it's a small price to pay to get them to repair/replace/partially refund you on the TV
HoraceD
Journeyman
Options

This appears to be a wider issue, which mine & at least two others have suffered from too.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/black-mark-creeping-screen-freeze-and-constant-reset-qe50q60a... 

0 Likes
HoraceD
Journeyman
Options

Looks like this recent post has the same issue, it is a very similar model number....

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/qe50q60tau-stuck-in-a-boot-loop/m-p/9802295#M95131

0 Likes