Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart tv UE55H6500 won't display from computer

(Topic created on: 27-07-2017 03:48 PM)
Marin
Explorer
Options

Hello!

I have Dell computer. My Samsung smart tv UE55H6500 is connected with it through hdmi cable. Sometimes I use my tv as a display instead of my Dell monitor. Now I can't anymore and I don't know why.

I have another tv, Samsung UE48H6400. When I connect it with my computer (same computer, same HDMI cable, same ports... etc.), it works perfectly.

It seems the problem is in 55" tv. How can I be sure? What can I do?

Is there any software update for my TVs? Current software version on my 55" tv is 2781.

As soon as I put HDMI cable that connects computer with my TV into my computer, picture from my monitor disappears. Monitor is connected through VGA port. As soon as I disconnect the cable between TV and computer, picture in monitor shows up.

Could You, please, help me?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
AntS
Options

Hi @Marin.

I've emailed our TV experts for advice on next steps for you - and copied in the other moderators to that email. As soon as we get a reply, we'll get see where we can take this one from here.

Edit: In the meantime, are you able to get any joy with renaming the HDMI port? (Source > highlight the desired source > select "Rename" > select PC.)

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

Any news?

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

Sorry for the late response! 

Can you try editing the port name of the external device for easy identification:

• Move the focus to a connected external device.
  • Press the Up directional button select Edit and change to PC.

tv1.jpg

Then:

• Set your PC’s output resolution so it matches a resolution supported by the TV.

:womanhappy:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Holiflyingcrap
First Poster
Options

Here is the fix I got, Not all HDMI cables are the same, you need the HDMI cables with coloured end and not the all black. They are HDMI 2 or 2.1, I think it has to do with pin 19 not connected on the old cables.  Also if you are using the diplay port on your video card you need the proper adapter again one that is coloured. This fix worked great for me!

0 Likes
Holiflyingcrap
First Poster
Options
It's not the software, it has to do with the HDMI cables, you need the latest HDMI cables. Also if you are using the Display port on your video card , you will need the proper cables or the proper adaptor that does 4k. The proper cables and adaptors are coloured on the ends. Look up https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_connectors.
0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

You might be right, but my problem was obviously somewhat different. I used the same cable, it worked, and then it didn't anymore.

It turned out to be the very first problem with the motherboard which ended it completely failing. Now, since the new one is inside, same cables work in all ports and no issues anymore...

0 Likes
GALAXY-SPANNER
Explorer
Options

Having similar issues... my tv no longer recognises my pc. Ran factory reset now my tv wont respond at all... HELP!

0 Likes
CraigPetrie
First Poster
Options

I've had the same problem with my new Samsung 43" TV. I had a PC hooked up to it. For one month, it worked perfectly, then it couldn't recognise the PC input. Nothing apparent happened. The TV just stopped recognising the PC input. If I connect a DVD player or Sky/Cable box, the TV recognises it just fine. If I connect the PC to any other TV in my house (all Samsung), they all work and recognise the PC.

Samsung came out, replaced the TV motherboard. Same problem. They took the TV away, no fault found. The Engineer tried connecting an old laptop. Works fine, recognised by the TV. My PC and another laptop I have don't work on the TV. I've tried different HDMI cables, no luck. So basically I have a new Samsung TV that doesn't work with all PCs or laptops using simple HDMI. I'll need to buy another TV from another brand.

Disappointing considering I've only bought (expensive) Samsung TVs for the last 14 years.

0 Likes
ChelsyGrace
First Poster
Options

Brand new 65" Smasung Crystal TV does not connect via PC. I have a very high end Alienware PC that has all drivers updated, etc. TV is also up to date. When are we going to get a solution to screen mirror our PC's? There are many threads out there with all different failed solutions. I restarted router, updated computer drivers, changed multipl PC settings (from other threads), removed all HDMI connections, disconnected cellphone and nothing works! I'll give this another week and the TV is going back.