Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smart tv UE55H6500 won't display from computer

(Topic created on: 27-07-2017 03:48 PM)
Marin
Explorer
Options

Hello!

I have Dell computer. My Samsung smart tv UE55H6500 is connected with it through hdmi cable. Sometimes I use my tv as a display instead of my Dell monitor. Now I can't anymore and I don't know why.

I have another tv, Samsung UE48H6400. When I connect it with my computer (same computer, same HDMI cable, same ports... etc.), it works perfectly.

It seems the problem is in 55" tv. How can I be sure? What can I do?

Is there any software update for my TVs? Current software version on my 55" tv is 2781.

As soon as I put HDMI cable that connects computer with my TV into my computer, picture from my monitor disappears. Monitor is connected through VGA port. As soon as I disconnect the cable between TV and computer, picture in monitor shows up.

Could You, please, help me?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
AdamC
Explorer
Options

Hello @Marin!

Looks like you might have hit the nail on the head there, your software is out of date! If it's refusing to download through the menu on the TV you can find it on this link.  

Let us know how it goes!

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options
Thank You so much for such a quick reply.
Could You help me some more with updating? OK, I downloaded latest software. So, I should put it on a USB and then what?
0 Likes
AdamC
Explorer
Options

No worries!

If you click on "Show more" underneath the "Downloads" section you'll find instructions for updating. I've hyperlinked it here too!

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options
I'm impressed with the speed of Your answers and grateful for it. :winking-face:
I did it, software is now updated (btw. what's the difference between old version and latest one?), but unfortunately, nothing happened. As soon as I plugged cable from TV to computer, monitor went black (shuts down) and also I couldn't get my TV to show picture from the computer. I unplugged it, and the picture on my monitor turned on again.
0 Likes
AdamC
Explorer
Options
Firstly, did you try rebooting both the PC and the TV after the update? Secondly, does it work properly if your monitor is taken out of the equation and you only have the TV plugged into your PC when you turn it on?
0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

Yes, I've rebooted them both.

No, it doesn't. Even with monitor unplugged, I don't get picture from computer to TV.

I don't get TV to show computer's picture any possible way. 😞

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

Is there any way of checking if anything is wrong with my TV (HDMI input ports) beside taking it to service? Any diagnostic software, any online test...?

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

Update!

I managed to get it to work, but only using HDMI port "on the side" of TV numbered HDMI1 and HDMI2, that I used for Samsung soundbar connection. Since it works on HDMI1 and HDMI2, and it doesn't work on HDMI3 and HDMI4 ports, does that means these 3 and 4 ports are definitely broken? Can that be repaired? Any chance problem is in software not hardware? Can You please suggest a solution?

Thank You very much for Your help!

0 Likes
Marin
Explorer
Options

I unplugged all HDMI cables from my TV and then I unplugged TV's power cord for half an hour. No luck.

Then I did a factory reset, nothing changed.

Is there anything else I can do?

0 Likes