Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung serif 2018 - green screen and white lines around edges

(Topic created on: 04-12-2021 11:05 PM)
Clare4
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung serif tv which I bought in 2018. In bright light, with bright colours on the screen, it looks perfect. As soon as you get to night time and the moody dark colours, the photo,below is what I get. A green haze over most of the screen and white lines around the edge. [The photo below is supposed to be showing a black screen ]. You can see the green hazing and the white lines around the edge, particularly at the bottom. The green haze makes nighttime viewing almost impossible.

the picture test says everything is fine. I get the problem whether it’s via the freesat cable or over internet streamed tv, so I don’t think it can be a cable problem.

Any thoughts? Did I spend a lot of money 3 years ago for a tv that is only fit for the bin now …?

thanks

clare [edit: it would let me up load the picture: I shall try again..]

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Clare4
First Poster
Options

Every time I try to upload the photo it tells me there is an invalid html in the message body and will not let me upload it. Any thought on how I can share the photo?

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @Clare4, it does sound like an inspection on the TV will be required to determine what actions to take to get this sorted. You can arrange this with any one of our Approved Support Centres, which can be located here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/

0 Likes