Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung series 7 tv flickering

(Topic created on: 23-07-2023 04:50 PM)
Singleton46
Student
Options

hi, I’ve got the Samsung series 7 tv. When I’m watching apps through sky like Netflix Disney or Apple TV. When I watch the 4K/uhd stuff I get a black screen for a split second every couple of mins or so. This is so annoying when watching stuff. Anyone help me with this?

thanks. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Singleton46 is the flickering issue only on the sky apps in 4k, aware some issue were reported in the past and Sky were looking into it. Ensure you have the latest update for  TV/Skyq, coud also try Rebooting  Box.   check also that ECO  mode switched off on Tv,if Eco Mode used on Sky Box could try another setting.     4k/HDR requires higher Data transfer speeds but a modern high speed HDMI cable should suffice,  may wish to try another cable  but should not spend too much. Some information here  https://thehometheaterdiy.com/will-a-4k-hdmi-cable-improve-picture-quality/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Singleton46
Student
Options

Hi, I’ve only ever used the sky apps rather than download them separate on tv just coz it’s easier with the sky app. I will look at them settings when get chance to and see what happens. Thanks for some help. 

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Is it only doing with uhd?
G G
0 Likes
Singleton46
Student
Options

Hi, yeah the 4K/uhd stuff. It plays as normal. Just flicks black for a second then back to programme. Just does it every couple mins throughout the programme. 

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
If its only uhd content and normal content isnt disturbed this happened with the qe95b (until a software update sorted) but i found a hdmi splitter sorted it out. Had to be a externally powered splitter. I used the portta splitter
G G
0 Likes