Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung QN95A Neo QLED - is my one connect box having issues?

(Topic created on: 11-05-2021 10:24 AM)
magicmugs
First Poster
Options

Got the new NeoQLED 3 weeks ago and have had some issues which make me think the One Connect may be faulty or having some issues.

1st issue was ethernet connection, kept popping up randomly on screen that cable disconnected and then reconnected. I got a new cat5 high speed cable and still the same, so unplug ethernet and setup wireless and all working ok now it seems.

2nd issue is to do with sound. I had the TV setup with the Samsung Harmon 950, with Sky Q and Xbox Series X.

When watching a movie on the Xbox, every so often the sound will just go for a second or two. Same happens sometimes with SkyQ as well. On the soundbar when it did this it kept popping up Dolby Atmos as switching on, so wasnt like a consistent signal was going to the soundbar (TV Settings were set to Auto for sound pass through on eARC and it happens with all options of sound in the tv menu).

I chatted to Samsung who said the soundbar may not be compatible with the TV (which to me came across as an excuse rather than it actually being incompatible).

So I purchased a new soundbar, a Sonos Arc, set it all up, new HDMI 2.1 cables for each device now as well (and swapping what is in which HDMI port on the OneConnect).

Same issue, sound will cut out every so often when watching a movie or SkyQ, which is a bit annoying, this is ONLY on externally connected devices, if i watcha  movie on Netflix/Prime/Disney+ or from my local NAS, it works fine.

All of this just makes me think there is an issue with the OneConnect box or the OneConnect cable, has anyone else had similar issues or any possible solutions to try? Or do I book a repair to try and get a replacement OneConnect box and cable?

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
Davies_1980
Apprentice
Options

I don’t wish to jinx things (probably have now) but I have purchased a new certified ultra fast hdmi and so far so good - not one drop out. Strange as the one that came with the PS5 should be good enough!!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Maxonar-Certified-Ultra-48Gbps/dp/B0969CQZYN?pd_rd_w=LXucy&pf_rd_p=66...

my sky q drops out watching uhd every so often so just purchased another one to try. 

could the issue be an over sensitive one connect box that suffers interference.

Time will tell. As I said, probably jinxed it now!

0 Likes
Davies_1980
Apprentice
Options

A very interesting call received today ref my Q95. My local Samsung engineers have called to arrange a visit after Samsung have issued a software bulletin about the Q95 and by the looks of it some other Neos.

The software issue is regarding HDMI signal drop out. 

I don’t know what it is exactly and Google doesn’t come up with any results. The manual upgrade is the below

2130R-TV-SEUK-E015 Ver 02

Davies_1980
Apprentice
Options

A big and important update for those of you experience screen and sound drop outs in game mode with the QN95A.

I managed to get sight of a software bulletin today released by Samsung on 12th October. After my report to their head office they have accepted that there is an issue and have themselves replicated it.

The issue (either 2 second drop outs of video abs sound or signal) occurs when in game mode and a sound bar is connected via HDMI.

The solution is for the HDMI drives to be updated via a USB manual update. The HDMI software has to be anything ABOVE 90.779.52 (displayed in the service menu). Samsung have released a interim software update (only able to be downloaded by engineers) until the next firmware update, that I read is due to be released anytime between now and the end of the year.

Fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
ChrisNRY
Journeyman
Options

Well that’s curious as we only get this via SkyQ, PS5 has not had drop outs since the 1805 firmware update but SkyQ still happens occasionally. I’d not seen it myself until my wife said she sees it most days. I’ve seen it again since as well.

0 Likes
Davies_1980
Apprentice
Options

I don’t experience it on SKYQ.

However, do you have a sound bar connected via HDMI? If so, the software update will update all of the HDMI ports so I’m guessing that the issue may be the same.

0 Likes
ChrisNRY
Journeyman
Options

We do use ARC out to an AV amp, so yes I think that may be the same. Happens with this not in use though.

0 Likes
Davies_1980
Apprentice
Options

I’d recommend calling your local Samsung engineers and posing your issue as there were a few bulletins listed for different issues around drop out and software file fixes to download (interim measure until the firmware is released). It may well be that your scenario is listed 

0 Likes
Mallett85
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the Samsung qu800a only had it a week I'm haveing same problem as you can't find the source I have to hold the power button on TV remote for 10 second then TV reboots and ps5 or shy will come on there will be no problem untill I turn off the TV and will come up power on device all so had some flicking on the screen when using the ps5 it's a joke they stood me to get a gold plate  cable  prob won't work 

0 Likes
Moralneeeick
Pioneer
Options

Get cables called Zeksit Maya - they are not stupid expensive but if they don’t work then you have to get a replacement from samsung. Also make sure your one connect box is well ventilated and not in a cabinet. And if you have an Apple TV make sure it’s set to never sleep in it’s general settings menu.

I know it’s hard to believe it’s cables but if the zeskit ones don’t work (get 2M minimum all matching) then it’s a hardware issue. The zeskits have pure copper inside with least EMI they are recommended by HDFury and I used to have expensive audio quest cables - give it a

go if that doesn’t work it’s the tv.

0 Likes
Mallett85
First Poster
Options

I have got new HDMI cables and no change can't find the source of my sky after I power  off the TV  Samsung is sending me a new  connect box but I think it's a hand shake issue  don't think the new box will work  is abit of a ***** take that have to hold the TV power button down just to get my sky or ps5 to work deffo won't be buying this TV again would of thought they would of sent a softwear up date out to fix the issue 

0 Likes