Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80T Motion handling Problem (unwatchable)

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 04:35 PM)
captncook
Apprentice
Options

Just recently bought a 65in samsung q80t. The soap opera effect is horrible, even with all the motion settings turned off. I watch football a lot and the tv struggles a lot of with motion handling. The players looks move like robots more than people. I really notice this when the football game goes to replay. Also notice this on commercials a lot as well. The picture is too smooth and chopping at the same time, if that makes sense. I've research the web and watched every youtube video regarding motion settings. I've tried them all, made sure firmware is updated and nothing has worked. I love the overall picture of the set, but cant get over the motion handling. Is there a "fix" that I'm not doing or should I take this back and get a different brand? Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have this activated by any chance ?

20201109_174135_3604.jpg

0 Likes
captncook
Apprentice
Options

No

0 Likes
BarryChuckle
Explorer
Options

Hi there, having had mine for a couple of weeks, I can vouch and say that there does seem to be an issue with the 2020 Q range and screen stutter. There are quite a few forums loaded with this. AVForums is one for example. Some people have it worse than others and some may have found "fixes" but they don't last long. Apparently, Samsung are aware according to one forum and they are working on a fix in a later firmware release. 

There was a new firmware available this week but it hasn't cured it. 

It's not that bad for me as I live in a catch-up TV world and it doesn't happen for me on that. But for the football fans and quiz show fans out there, it seems to be a nightmare. 

Googling other brands and stutter issues comes back with loads of results too that would suggest that it's not localised to Samsung. 

My gut feeling is that it's the frame rate that Sky Q sends out the signal to the TV. Gonna have a few more plays with the settings and make a call to return or not this week. 

captncook
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the update. I did the update 1403.1, but the problem still persist. I bought this at Costco, so I have 90 days to return it. Probably will keep it for the 90 days to see if Samsung fixes it or if a better deal on a different brand comes out. I do go out looking for motion problems, but when I see it, I cant "unsee" it. 

Bill2001
Student
Options

Mine is the same, the tv seems to drop to 30 FPS in slow scenes when watching a 60fps source. Game mode fixes the problem but colors and contrast are less desirable for tv watching... if I force the Apple TV to 30 FPS then the tv is fine but obviously watching something like sports is much worse at 30fps... I left a case with Samsung. We really need this addressed. 

0 Likes
captncook
Apprentice
Options

I'm not effin with it anymore. Returning it tomorrow and getting the Sony 900h 75in. Goes on sale at Costco tomorrow for 1569. My buddy has it and the motion is perfect. Seems like a no brainer. Same price as the Samsung, but 10inches bigger and handles motions the way a tv should.

0 Likes
Nathan9
First Poster
Options

It is amazing to me for such high end TVs , Samsung just cannot get the motion right.   Just a travesty

0 Likes