Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Q80t eARC issue

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 11:52 PM)
ClamJelly
Journeyman
Options

I recently purchased a Q80t television and a Sonos Arc and am having an issue with the eARC. I have everything in the sound settings set to automatic and when I turn the TV on the sound will come on but then cut away after 5-10 seconds and then keeps happening. 

The only way to remedy this is to turn off and then back on "Dolby Atmos compatibility". Anyone else having this issue with their q80t eARC port.

I am using a hdmi 2.1 cable and have tried 2 other hdmi cables.

95 REPLIES 95
Qwintine
First Poster
Options

Where are in 2022 … two years later and issues not fixed!

just acquire a Samsung Q990B sound bar to run with my Samsung AU8000 display… eARC still not support DTS bitstream pass through…

My conclusion, these products are marketing scam and are not delivering what they promised. 
Last time I buy Samsung products 

0 Likes
ianj7777
First Poster
Options

Just purchased a QN900B with beam gen 2 + 2 SL1’s

same issue, E-arc causes switching between tv speaker & beam. Arc only works with no issues, seems mainly to have issues with sound from BT Pro box, tv apps less of an issue.

any help appreciated as Sonos & Samsung no help at all

thanks

0 Likes
Jonathan Wine
First Poster
Options

Happy 2023 everyone! Been fighting with this for a year with my PS5, Q70T, and Samsung Soundbar. So glad I'm not crazy... Always thought it was me. I'm going to assume we never figured this out? The choice is forever "you get to utilize your TV's video potential" or "You get uncompressed surround sound". But never both? 

0 Likes
ianj7777
First Poster
Options

Hi

No I am now using mine on ARC only not E-arc, seems to be similar sound wise anyway, I actually got Dolby Digital on a Prime Video screening of Jack Ryan that sounded great, not sure what E-arc actually gives in place of ARC but I only ever get PCM 2 or 5.1 if I use E-arc.

I asked a Samsung Expert in John Lewis, he said he never heard of the issue and try a Samsung sound bar, after I's spent £800 odd on Sonos kit, I think not

Good luck

0 Likes
ianj7777
First Poster
Options

sorry make that Dolby Atmos not DD

0 Likes
John169
First Poster
Options

You'll find Samsung TVs do not support DTS passthrough. See your TV model here: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough . Personally, if I'd known what I know now with the lack of DTS support and the eArc problems - I would have purchased a Sony TV to go with my Sonos ARC (Always did before but thought I would give Samsung a go this time - my mistake). Sonos have upgraded their system to accept DTS but it never gets to the Sonos receiver from the source as the Samsung TV cuts it out even on HDMI Audio Out passthrough. My TV is a Q95T 75 - an expensive large tv to have such a lack of functionality making it's owner unhappy and dissatisfied with the brand.

0 Likes