Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG Q80T 85INCH -e-arc issue - losing audio when you change video

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 05:19 AM)
JOHN-BTZ
First Poster
Options

My Q80T has an issue when using e-arc/pcm  connection.  My receiver is Denon X6500H and my TV connects with no E-ARC  issues with my receiver.  Audio is perfect but not on using the INTERNAL video player of the TV. And what that means is that you are using the installed or built-in youtube channel or the Netflix,  the Prime and others in the TV.  You will lose the audio or sound for the next video when you start changing it.  I did an experiment while watching youtube since you can easily change videos in a couple of clicks.  You just have to change the youtube video every 5 to 10 seconds and as you keep doing this (maybe 2 to 10 videos), you will notice that audio will be gone. Please take note that you are just changing the video on the TV to see the audio to be gone.  From what I notice with this experiment, it seems that there is an issue with the video transition and the passing of the audio data to the HDMI/ARC channel and this is definitely an internal issue inside the TV.  This is not acceptable and I think this is the thing that is happening every Samsung TV running with E-ARC audio connection to any brand/model of audio receiver. 

Using just the ARC connection (not-E-ARC), I have no issues at all.  You will not experience loss of audio when you do what I have mentioned above. 

I did a similar experiment using the Amazon fire cube and the difference is the HDMI connection of the Amazon fire cube to the Samsung TV.  So I keep changing youtube videos using my Amazon fire cube and it is flawless.  No more annoying audio loss in every video transition.  Keep in mind that this is not a recommendation so you will not experience audio loss.  This is just to prove that there is an internal issue on the Samsung TV whenever you are using its internal video (hardware/software ) player while using E-ARC audio connection.

Samsung wizards, please fix.

By the way, if your network IP set-up is IP-OBTAIN AUTOMATICALLY, you will experience frequent internet disconnection.  Please fix this too.

0 REPLIES 0