Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung NU6900 Sound Pop

(Topic created on: 12-04-2020 03:47 AM)
BertPerez
First Poster
Options

I bought a Samsung NU6900 55” 4K TV from Best Buy and I’ve had it for about six days. The main device I’ve been using on it is an Xbox One X that I’ve had since November. I keep having this problem where the audio cuts out for a split second or pops periodically, no matter what I’m watching or listening to. It isn’t constant however, you’d have to listen closely to notice, but after watching it for a while it gets annoying. I have switched inputs/sources, HDMI cables, and audio settings but still no difference. Anyone know how to fix this? Is it a problem with the TV itself. I really don’t want to have to exchange or return it.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @BertPerez,

Does this only happen when you have the Xbox One X plugged in? Where exactly is the pop sound coming from? Is it from the TV speakers?
0 Likes
BertPerez
First Poster
Options

Yes it occurs when I’m using the Xbox One X and it comes out through the TV speakerd. But i’v only heard it a few times on the TV’s apps, or on other devices. It’s less of a pop and more of just the sound cutting out for a millisecond but occasionally it sounds like a pop. It usually happens over prolonged use.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Morning @BertPerez 

this is not looking like one of our UK/EU models, would you be able to confirm the full model code (this can be found at the back).

Have you tried to connect a pair of headphones to see if this is still happening? That will help us determine if this is coming from the source or the speakers.

BertPerez
First Poster
Options

The model code is UN55NU6900FXZA. I don’t know how I would connect headphones to the tv since there are no bluetooth capabilities or 3.5mm ports on the back. However, since I last made a post I have been using other devices like my PC and my PlayStation 3 (both connected via different hdmi cables) and they all have the same issue. But whenever I do a sound test or watch something through the tv’s downloaded apps it doesn’t happen. I’m guessing there’s something wrong with the hdmi cables or the hdmi ports. Again the problem is that every few minutes or seconds the sound cuts out for the blink of an eye and it gets really annoying after a while.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for confirming that. This is not a UK/EU as I suspected. As the EU Community, our knowledge and support on other region products is limited and I would encourage you to contact our colleagues in your area to have a look at this with you. You can find their contact details here.

0 Likes