Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung need to recognise PS5

(Topic created on: 13-12-2020 08:12 AM)
ThatSameer
Explorer
Options

The title says it all. Samsung TVs need to recognise the PS5 signal input to properly set the game mode settings. Currently it shows as "game console". I'm talking from a Samsung Q60 2019 perspective but I know all Samsung TVs don't recognise it.

Go to solution
16 REPLIES 16
ThatSameer
Explorer
Options
have you ever heard of a software update. these smart TVs get software updates. dont reply if you don't understand things
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you thought it could be a hardware issue? Clearly you don't understand things.
Noj_
Journeyman
Options

🤔 oof!

0 Likes
Solution
ThatSameer
Explorer
Options
I'm going to stop replying to you. it is NOT a hardware issue. the TV just needs a simple software update to recognise the new PS5 input. goodbye
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Enjoy playing your little games.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
FYI the POS5 is also causing problems with other brand TVs.Do some research and you will find it doesn't carry out the handshake with the chipset properly and people are hoping Sony will issue a patch. As I said in an earlier post it is up to Sony to resolve. Seems they also don't work with non-Sony soundbars. Same thing, Sony messed up. In other words the problem lies wit Sony.
lil armleg
First Poster
Options

I made an account just to call all these repliers rude ***** :smiling-face:

OP, having same problem with PS4. My tv recognizes xb1 immediately and has a xb controller, but I have to use the default game console for ps4? Weird

0 Likes