Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame 2020 - Sound automatically switching to HDMI ARC

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 12:34 PM)
denizmis
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Frame 2020 and Sonos Amp connected via HDMI ARC

When I change the sound output to built-in TV speakers in Samsung TV, it automatically changes back to HDMI ARC sound output in a few seconds.

Sometimes I want to use the TV with its built-in speakers, so I don't want it to always automatically and persistently switch to the HDMI ARC sound output.

How can I disable this automatic switching? 

67 REPLIES 67
Tomen1968
Journeyman
Options

Neither do I but this have now occurred now several times..Sound both on my connected eARC Powernode and the TV internal speakers. 

I concluded the only way this will work is turning ON and OFF Anynet (HDMI-SEC) every time. 

0 Likes
Tomen1968
Journeyman
Options

Hey guys. I saw just now I got a new software download on my 2020 FRAME 65". Version 2303. I installed it and may be its placebo effect but it seems the output speaker setting now will be kept - also when turning on and off my TV. I really hope this will last but I have my doubts. 

0 Likes
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

Keep us posted, turn off and on TV and test. I hope there is a update for MY 75in Sammy. might look again this week.

0 Likes
Tomen1968
Journeyman
Options

Hello. The latest firmware so far seems to fix the issue! I have activated Anynet (HDMI-SEC) and eARC. Now I can select witch speaker to use, internal or HDMI eARC. The selected speaker stays the same until I change again. 

I have turned the TV on and off many times - also with several hours between. Also now I have tested over night and the sound output settings is kept as I left it. 

Intersting to see this link - https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-firmware-changelogs-on-german-community/td-p/1846870/page/...

Here it is the stated on the page the 2301 firmware actually have a fix for HDMI 2.1 (My TV is the 2020 FRAME 65" and got firmware 2303, but I guess it is the same)

The text is the link shows below:

Update-Version 2301 - June 2022

• Fixed an audio issue with HDMI 2.1
  • Fixed a bug with the SmartView PIN popup
  • Security has been improved
  • Audio transmission via WLAN has been improved
  • Customization of the DRM
  • The picture quality has been improved
  • Multi View has been optimized
  • YouTube has been improved
  • Fixed a bug that could cause audio dropouts when changing channels
  • Improved SmartThings compatibility
  • Network connectivity has been improved
mjeshurun
Explorer
Options

That’s great news!
I hope Samsung brings this update soon also to The Frame 65” 2019 🙏

0 Likes
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

Agree, my QA75 2019 has not had software update since 2020...I think they have left it behind.

0 Likes
DK BAE
First Poster
Options

It's SONOS soundbar issue. Call sonos and ask them fix. They are not following standards.

0 Likes
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

I'm Happy to call them,  what standards should I mention to them?

0 Likes
mjeshurun
Explorer
Options

Hello friends,

From time to time my Samsung Frame 2019 tv is showing me a message as if my receiver (Sonos Beam) is not connected to the tv using the HDMI ARC port, although it is. 

Has anyone else seen this message?

0 Likes
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

I have not had this issue. Maybe remove beam and re-install on sonos APP or change cable.