Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame 2020 - Sound automatically switching to HDMI ARC

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 12:34 PM)
denizmis
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Frame 2020 and Sonos Amp connected via HDMI ARC

When I change the sound output to built-in TV speakers in Samsung TV, it automatically changes back to HDMI ARC sound output in a few seconds.

Sometimes I want to use the TV with its built-in speakers, so I don't want it to always automatically and persistently switch to the HDMI ARC sound output.

How can I disable this automatic switching? 

67 REPLIES 67
BigH1
Apprentice
Options
Had the same problem with my QLED TV and my Sonos system connected to HDMI ARC tried it conected to Optical no difference. went on Live Chat with Samsung thet took over the TV spent over an hour playing with it to no avail.
The only way I found to solve the problem is, go to settings, General, External Device Manager & turn off Anynet+ HDMI-CEC. Now I can use the TV speakers and more importantly my Headphones.
denizmis
Apprentice
Options

Thank you very much for the workaround, unfortunately not applicable to our case, because then we lose the Samsung remote's ability to control the sky box. Also it is complicated for a normal user to go into settings and find and change this setting every time. I hope Samsung fixes this bug. Assuming it is a Samsung bug...

denizmis
Apprentice
Options

In case this helps to anyone, I have contacted Samsung support and they seem to be aware of the problem and in the process of working on a fix. Samsung support rep's response is below:

"I see. Upon checking this is being investigated by our Headquarters and they are now working on a resolution and coordinating with Sonos. As soon as there's a fix on this issue, Samsung will release a new update to fix the fault. The TV is set to "automatically update", once there's a new update/resolution, the TV will be automatically updated.

"

weinsteinrocks
First Poster
Options

I'm glad there's a DIY patch for this.  A bit annoying, but totally worked to turn off when I turned off Anynet.  Hopefully Samsung will create an update for this soon, and surprised that more people aren't having this issue.   

0 Likes
Peterenjosien
Student
Options

Hello, I have still the same problem. I like to be able switching to sony headphone connected bluetooth. Output automatically changes back to HDMI ARC sound output in a few seconds.

I am afraid there haven been an update yet (4 months later) . 

Samsung  helpdesk: can you help?

Jom
Student
Options

So annoying. Not sure if it's Samsung's fault or (in my case) Sonos. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

0 Likes
denizmis
Apprentice
Options

When I talked to Sonos in August (4 months ago), I was told that they were aware of this problem and that they were in touch with Samsung for a Samsung firmware update to fix this problem. I have been away from this TV since then, so I haven't had a chance to check for new Samsung TV firmware updates since then. Assuming people posting in this forum are running latest firmware, looks like we have to wait more...

A known problem not being fixed for so long is not a good sign, hope it gets solved one day...

0 Likes
Kovan
First Poster
Options

Having this same problem with the Sonos Arc. Atmos is also not working. 

I have the 2018 Q7FN 55”

0 Likes
JackAustin
First Poster
Options

I was able to turn off Anynet+ HDMI-CEC and connect to my Bluetooth headphones (Sony 1000XM3).  The problem now is that my Sonos soundbar no longer shows up as an identifiable source.  The only way to find it again is to turn Anynet+ HDMI-CEC back on.  Anyone know of a workaround?  Ideally I'd like to have both sources to choose from without having to go into settings, General, External Device Manager & turn off Anynet+ HDMI-CEC every time. Thanks!