Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Frame 2020 - Sound automatically switching to HDMI ARC

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 12:34 PM)
denizmis
Apprentice
Options

Samsung Frame 2020 and Sonos Amp connected via HDMI ARC

When I change the sound output to built-in TV speakers in Samsung TV, it automatically changes back to HDMI ARC sound output in a few seconds.

Sometimes I want to use the TV with its built-in speakers, so I don't want it to always automatically and persistently switch to the HDMI ARC sound output.

How can I disable this automatic switching? 

67 REPLIES 67
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

Very disappointing. Sonos still say speak to all these TV companies. But when I asked them why does it work with Bose soundbar 700 there was silence.  The option to switch your TV settings every time is not acceptable. Samsung/Sonos are worth billions and this is a few lines of software coding. Very very poor.

jujujuria
Apprentice
Options

For what it’s worth, I just spent two hours on live chat to Samsung about this (The customer service person was great) but left a very tersely worded piece of feedback after the chat suggesting they (Samsung as a business) take responsibility for getting this resolved, or they need to make it clear on purchase that Sonos products don’t fully with with Samsung and vice versa. I bought a beam based on the understanding it would work properly, including being able to use my Bluetooth headphones while it’s connected via eArc. That neither company has gotten their **** together in 1.5 years to fix this—and I literally had my TV delivered yesterday—means there is some poor communication and collaboration on both ends. I should never have been able to buy a Beam with my Samsung if using a Beam means i can’t fully use the freaking TV as described. /rant. 

howellb1
First Poster
Options

I just ran into the HDMI ARC hijacking issue with the Harman Kardon Citation soundbar. The soundbar has an aux input, which I use for my turntable. When I switch inputs on the soundbar from HDMI to AUX, it immediately switches back to HDMI, and doesn't play any of my aux audio.

Ammo4711
First Poster
Options

It is now the 30th of June 2022 and I still have this problem with my Samsung qe65qn95a in combination with my Sonos Arc Soundbar. Whenever I switch to any other audio source, it switches back to Arc within seconds. Unplugging the HDMI from my soundbar is the only solution which is crazy if you know this problems already exists 2 years. @samsung, why won't you fix this????? I'm becoming a very dissatisfied customer!!!

0 Likes
weinsteinrocks
First Poster
Options

If you select GENERAL ---> EXTERNAL DEVICE MANAGER 

Unclick "Anynet+(HDMI-CEC)"

You'll be able to switch over to TV Sound.    Once you want to go back to SONOS, go back into the menu and change the setting back.

0 Likes
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

Yes, dropped by Sonos. Like I said. It works perfect with Bose soundbar...

0 Likes
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

Yes, but for Bluetooth buds, add more steps , settings, sound, input etc

Way too many steps to use buds..Again, with Bose soundbar,, It was all auto after I paired. 

8 clicks to use buds is poor. 

0 Likes
Ammo4711
First Poster
Options

Exactly, I have the same problem with my JBL BT headset and with my Apple Airpods Pro.

Really annoying!

0 Likes
Ammo4711
First Poster
Options

This works, however when I switch back I also have to go to Expert settings to reactivate the HDMI-ARC. If I don't, it's standard HDMI sound. 

0 Likes
TrentBoss
Explorer
Options

Yes thats Correct. It's pathetic.  $1500 sonos  arc and $5k samsung TV and $1 coding to fix

0 Likes