Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG 55" QN700A

(Topic created on: 23-06-2023 06:51 PM)
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Having issues with my QN700A.

It's coming to just over a year with this TV and now it's having issues.

Since Wednesday, despite working fine in the afternoon, has now decided to flash and flicker with multi-colour lines... and then resets and shows "Neo Qled 8k" on repeat, and won't turn off... the only way to turn it off is via the plug... to present day, its still doing it.

I have somehow managed to full factory reset it, but that hasn't fixed the issue in the slightest, it's still flashing and showing the above symptoms

I am waiting from Samsung Technical team for advice.

But in the meantime, how anyone got any advice!!
11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Nitesh95 

Did you manage to get this resolved, or are you still having the same issue?

0 Likes
obitv
Pathfinder
Options

Stay away from all these q700 qn700 and all its variants. The screen manufacturer used in those models has production faults Samsung is not admitting to. They replace these screens every 6 to 12months for customers with with warranty and fob everyone else off.

Trading standards needs to lauch an enquiry into how many screens they have actual changed within warranty then force them to replace it too for people outside warrant or do overall recall

Use this information to push them to replace it for you free of charge

Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Hi there

I am still having the issue.

However, samsung has organised a service request to my house to get it checked out.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Funny that, the service man that came, said its a known fault with this TV. And a new screen is required.
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Looks like I'll be on the phone to samsung today to get this TV replaced
0 Likes
Peter Snowdon
First Poster
Options

Hi - how did you get on? The Samsung designated repair company in the UK has just told me the rebooting issue is a screen fault and cannot be replaced. Samsung are now due to ring me to offer some options (I am out of the warranty by two months but they did agree to an out of warranty repair in arranging the UK repair company to look at it).

Apparently - when it reboots and the LED light just underneath the right side of the TV flashes twice - pauses - and flashes twice again, it's a screen fault.

0 Likes
Robbridgett
First Poster
Options
Hi all, it's a bit of an eye opener this and will be posting an in depth detailed report here about the same thing (screen faults).

Had two Qled 8ks and 1 faulty could not replace screen as the panels were discontinued so Samsung supplied a different tv but of a similar kind but not of the same model number, I agreed and now and 6 months on panel failure? On to Samsung again and to be fair they did book a repair within the warranty of the second tv.

This panel has now failed and they are saying it is out of the manufacturers warranty as it goes from the first tv panel failure.

I would argue the fact that regardless of a manufacturer warranty, the sale of goods act, a tv of this spec and price, should last several years?
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I'm still having the same issue.
0 Likes
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
The screen was replaced in July 2023, because apparently the screen had developed a fault, so just kept flashing.

But a few days after, it started becoming distorted on the main TV box, I thought it was because of live TV so thought nothing of it.

But now it's doing it more often on all applications. Distortion and flashing.

Samsung is hell bent on just troubleshooting it, a replacement won't be offered they said, until a fault is found
0 Likes