Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG 55" QN700A

(Topic created on: 23-06-2023 06:51 PM)
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
Having issues with my QN700A.

It's coming to just over a year with this TV and now it's having issues.

Since Wednesday, despite working fine in the afternoon, has now decided to flash and flicker with multi-colour lines... and then resets and shows "Neo Qled 8k" on repeat, and won't turn off... the only way to turn it off is via the plug... to present day, its still doing it.

I have somehow managed to full factory reset it, but that hasn't fixed the issue in the slightest, it's still flashing and showing the above symptoms

I am waiting from Samsung Technical team for advice.

But in the meantime, how anyone got any advice!!
11 REPLIES 11
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I've been told try and take a picture when it happens again, but im not superman, I can't open and take a picture at the same time that it flashes
0 Likes
Nachor
First Poster
Options

So, I bought a faulty rebooting Samsung QN700A with the grand plan of repairing it.

The panel looks fine, there's some mild dancing lines horizontally crossing the screen ever so slightly different brightness compared to rest of the screen, doesn't bother in PC mode.

Then after around 5 minutes the TV goes off and on, the image disappears, backlights stays on for couple second and TV reboots back to the logo.

After then it happens almost constantly.

Steps I've taken so far are:

Buy a 8k certified cable from John Lewis.

Replace the one connect box and cable.

Add heatsinks and replace thermal paste on motherboard.

Replace the motherboard.

Point a fan on the back of the TV.

Reflowed the solder on the 4 connectors from motherboard to display driver boards.

None of these fixed the issue, only delayed the inevitable bootloop.

Samsung doesn’t they told it is back luck !!!

I am dealing with consumer rights

0 Likes