Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Remove Universal Guide

(Topic created on: 18-09-2019 09:18 AM)
Flakie
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

So I got rid of TV Plus annoying me with video suggestions some time ago.

All good.

Now Universal Guide is bugging me with rental suggestions and other such garbage.

How to turn this off?

Cheers.

Go to solution
26 REPLIES 26
Universalguide
Student
Options

How can I remove universal guide from my tv

0 Likes
rabbitjack
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this.  I tried it and continued to get an error message when I attempted to create a PIN to lock it.  I finally called Samsung support and was told the PIN is always 0000, which I didn't know.  The support person also told me they receive a lot of calls from customers complaining about the Universal Guide app.  Hopefully Samsung will get wise and do something about it.  It's incredibly annoying and makes just turning on my tv and navigating to an app or device confusing.

BourneIdentity
First Poster
Options

I've just picked up the UE65TU7000 and had a myriad of problems with it. However I'm now getting around to wanting to remove the Universal Guide, however there's no app showing up for it in the App Store. 
Anyone else got any ideas on how I can disable the universal guide from my home screen?

0 Likes
Elanor
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased the TU7000 and theres no app option to remove the universal guide. Due to this, theres also no way to move apps on the home screen as the guide is under the apps on an 'on now's screen. I just want to move my apps around on the home screen and am unable to with the way above.

DE5280
Apprentice
Options

I blocked all my Samsung TV's from the internet at my router.  This keeps adds from popping up and stops them collecting data from me.

0 Likes
Jimdong
First Poster
Options

Took a long time to figure out that you can't get ride of this annoying app so I found a perfect solution.  GET A FIRE STICK.  Problem solved.  

0 Likes
JohnUWS
Student
Options

This universal guide is unreasonable. When did I sign away my rights to what gets displayed on this product?  There must have been something I clicked through....can it be undone??

0 Likes
k1s
First Poster
Options

Where exactly in the service menu can we turn off/ disable TVPlus?

0 Likes
Scientistscience
First Poster
Options

You're a hero man. 

0 Likes