Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Registers Twice

(Topic created on: 02-06-2017 11:41 AM)
chrisgrant2001
Student
Options

I have a new UE65KS8000 set and it is exhibiting a weird behaviour where button-presses on the remote control are sometimes registered twice! For example, if I press mute it will mute then instantly un-mute again. If I press up/down on a menu it jumps two places etc. etc. 

I think this must be a firmware issue, as I have had two of these sets and BOTH exhibited this behaviour (the first had another fault and was returned). 

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance!

23 REPLIES 23
ChristineJ
First Poster
Options

I am having same issue as OP.  It mutes and unmutes my soundbar.  When I use the samsung remote that came with the TV, it will double a volume action - so mute and then immediately unmute, or change volume in increments of two.  The remote that came with my samsung soundbar however works fine, able to mute or unmute individually and change volume in increments of 1.

0 Likes
ThiagoCorreiaBraga
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem on my recently purchased Q80T. I tried using a remote control from an older Samsung TV I have and it never reproduced the problem. Since this other remote is older and doesn't have bluetooth, the test is not perfect, but it seems to me that the remote that came with my Q80T is faulty.

Did you manage to find any solution to your problem?

0 Likes
snakeulescu
First Poster
Options

Hi man, 

Sadly no, still same issue, even after the latest firmware update.

I went with an Nvidia shield tbh, as I also needed it for the philips hue hub. Other remote does not have the problem, and the samsung remote has the same issue even when controlling the shield.

I won't go for a change as it's too much of a hassle.  Hopefully future updates will solve this.

My main concern is the fact that TV loses network connectivity after every shut down and I have to restart it to gain it back.

Also, as soon as it went off of the 30 days send back guarantee it developed backlight bleeding, which sucks as it was perfect the whole month... Will avoid samsung tv's for the future and just go with OLED.

It's sad really as I love the picture quality.

0 Likes
ThiagoCorreiaBraga
Apprentice
Options

I also did not find a fix to my remote. I tried calling Samsung Support and they said that if I went to a technical assistance, they could replace my remote (according to them, it would not be necessary to take the TV itself to the technician, just the remote). I called the technical assistance and, contradicting what was previously said, they told my I had to take the entire TV to them and only the controller. It’s such a mess. It just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m in Brazil and I don’t know if the procedure is different in other countries.

I’m sorry about your network connectivity issue and the backlight bleeding problem. It really is a hassle to change the TV. I had to return another Samsung Q80T before this unit I have now because it had image problems. It’s very inconvenient to have to remove the TV from where it is installed and wait for the problem to be solved (which could take quite some time). But if your TV is still in warranty, I would seriously consider using it, since the problems seem to be significant and people tend to keep a TV for years.

I hope you find a solution to the problems on your TV.

0 Likes
Arendis
First Poster
Options

Seems like this is a problem for at least 3-4 years. I bought my Samsung TV 5 months ago and yesterday it started to doubleclick. It is really annoying and I have reset everything and tried all I could but nothing worked...

0 Likes
ThiagoCorreiaBraga
Apprentice
Options

I called Samsung Customer Service here in Brazil several times and they did not solve the problem. The last time I called them, the attendant asked me to record the problem with my camera phone. Because the problem is intermittent, it is hard to demonstrate, but even though it happened at least three times during the recording, the attendant claimed there was no problem at all and that I was holding the remote control’s button instead of just pressing it (which obviously I was not). After this I got tired of dealing with Samsung Customer Service and decided to buy another original remote control. The new remote control solved the problem for me. I cannot ensure this would fix the problem in every case that was mentioned in this post, but I decided to post it here in case it helps someone. Please note that different Samsung TV models have different remotes, so if you decide to buy a new remote it is important to make sure it is compatible with your TV model. Also, remotes that have microphones tend to be more expensive.

Customers should not have to deal with this kind of problem by themselves if the TV is still in warranty and, therefore, I will not buy new Samsung products in the future.

SFTom
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for sharing. I thought about buying an original remote and am glad to know it worked for you. I'm going to try the same thing and will post my experience. I also want an original remote because the new one has the stupid Netflix and Hulu buttons, which I hate!

0 Likes
nizmoz
Apprentice
Options

We also have not resolved this. It still happens on our Directv remote too with the tv.   So it’s not the remotes it’s the tv.  And Samsung just said sorry, you’ll have to wait for them to fix it in a firmware release.  Well, I’ve been through one already and not fixed.  Samsung won’t fix it.  I will never buy another Samsung product after this and the other appliance issues we have had.  

SFTom
Apprentice
Options

I purchased an original One Remote (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GKT53H5/ref=cm_sw_r_u_apa_fabc_5GCG5WA889F5FPSS68SV?_encoding=UTF8&psc=...) and it solved the issue. The difference is that the original One Remote uses IR (infrared) and not Bluetooth. This just means that I have to use the remote that came with the TV for voice commands, which I don't use anyway. Also, the original One Remote does not have the Netflix or Hulu buttons, which I never used anyway as I have Fire TV.

It is really annoying that Samsung clearly knows about the issue (I've called several times and reported it) and they don't acknowledge it or fix it.

0 Likes
enjinerd
First Poster
Options

Just got the 2021 version of the Samsung Frame TV, and not only do button presses register twice, but more like 50 times! Plus, it will randomly perform other button presses that I didn't even do, like turn the volume all the way up, or change the TV input. It's infuriating...

I've tried all the "solutions" like repairing the remote, fully charging batteries, resetting to factory defaults, etc. Nothing works.

Like someone else said, the FireTV controller works for the FireTV. So I guess I'll just use that while waiting years for Samsung to hopefully address this in future (not holding my breath).

0 Likes