Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording to an external hard drive

(Topic created on: 07-01-2021 06:58 PM)
MackemManc
First Poster
Options

Hi - hope someone can help. I recently bought a UE43TU7100KXXU Smart TV. According to everything I've read online I should be able to record to an external hard-drive. However my remote doesn't have a record button on it and I can't see anyway of actually setting up recordings. I checked with Samsung help but they just said the spec of my TV didn't include PVR - I know it doesn't but that is inbuilt recording not recording via a hard drive. Can anyone advise please?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With an HDD connected, highlight a program in the guide, press select and you can then select record if your TV supports recording.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MackemManc: I have checked the user manual for this model and it doesn't make any reference to USB recording, which would usually be the case if it was supported. For clarification, please check the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202011/20201127160257863/KT2DVBEUT-2.0.7_EM_KANT_EU_EN...

0 Likes
MackemManc
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I've bought a Samsung that doesn't support recording to an HDD. 🙄

0 Likes
SteveLD
First Poster
Options

Bother! I made the same mistake, my old Samsung TV had a feature which allowed recording to a USB hard drive and I wrongly assumed that a new UE32T5300 would have the same facility but it does not.  Is there an App that would enable this feature?

0 Likes
Robbiebox
First Poster
Options
Mine recorded.but now sopped.whichever hdd i put in.says hdd is empty.has all my recordings on off that tv
0 Likes