Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95B: Enabling Input Signal Plus not possible

(Topic created on: 13-11-2022 05:10 PM)
Members_KNBKnTx
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone,

The  Input Signal Plus on my QN95B can't be enabled while connected to my PC (RTX 3090). By  checking the option the screen turns dark.  It works with my PS5 though so the HDMI cable can't be the issue (8K certified cable). All 4 HDMI ports are affected.  Firmware is 1304, did a factory reset twice already.

Does anyone have an idea?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
Elfendary
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with the QN90B. My windows 10 PC with a RTX 3080 TI will not recognize the TV with Input Signal Plus enabled. And yes, I am using an HDMI 2.1 cable.

0 Likes
www_4kfilme_de
Journeyman
Options

Has your problem been adressed/fixed? I got a fix for you, im just writing an article about it. Can you just check, if you connect the RTX to the QN95B, and you look real close on your QN95B, can you see the graphics but without any light (backlight completely deactivated)?

0 Likes
www_4kfilme_de
Journeyman
Options

Has your problem been adressed/fixed?

0 Likes
Nico Velazquez
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem.

i have a QN90B and when I activate game mode in order to play from my laptop (RTX 3070) The screen turns dark and the loses the signal. It appears as if nothing is connected to it.

I assume this is because the signal input plus, because when I turn it of, it works perfectly.

im using an HDMI 2.1. If I change to a DisplayPort-HDMI cable, that should be it?

is there any way to disable input signal plus while enabling game mode? 

0 Likes
www_4kfilme_de
Journeyman
Options

Hello, maybe this helps: https://www.4kfilme.de/schwarzer-bildschirm-probleme-der-samsung-neo-qled-tv-mit-nvidia-rtx-grafikka...
You have to translate it to english. It seems, that the Handshake doesn't work initially, so that the tv is working, but can't receiver or process all the data of the videostream. The display is working, only the backlight ist completeley shut off. That was the case on my tv. You can see it in the pictures in the article. 

So i opend the video settings in windows, activated the gaming mode (tv goes "black") and then i tried to find the mouse (just move it to one of the corners) then i hovered to the refresh rate on the videosettings and changed them to 120hz. They have been set to 4K@144Hz and 10-bit, and my guess is, that the handshake with 4K@144Hz wont happen. After that, 4K@120Hz worked, and still works after a couple of weeks. 

The workaround with an HDMI 2.1-Splitter, which are very rare (not switch) also worked, but i got some black sreens now and then, maybe because of the hdmi-port which was wobbely. 

I hope this solution works with you. I can't say, if a Displayport/HDMI-Cable could work. I would try my troubleshooting first, and then switch to a displayport-hdmi-cable, if the problem still exists.

0 Likes
Nico Velazquez
Apprentice
Options

My problem is that it doesn’t turn black, it appears as if nothing is conected. It says “ no signal” “turn external device on”, as if my laptop wasn’t connected, but it is. 

0 Likes
www_4kfilme_de
Journeyman
Options

Do you have a Ultra High Speed HDMI-Cable (HDMI 2.1 Cable with 48 Gbit/s) and have you activated Options>General>External Device Manager>HDMI UHD Color? 

0 Likes
Nico Velazquez
Apprentice
Options

I couldn’t find that option. 
What is that? 

0 Likes
www_4kfilme_de
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, but i don't know how i could be more clear where to find the option... pretty much every Samsung TV got this option, for the last couple of years. You have to look again. Also, do you have a proper HDMI 2.1 Cable? 

0 Likes