Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A - Random black screen persists

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 04:02 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Anyone having such an issue whereby the TV just goes black screen, usually a few times in succession.

Have checked the one connect cables and hdmi same issue, affects Sky Q which never had such an issue with my prior Samsung TV.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
18 REPLIES 18
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Check you haven't
Clicked sleep mode/settings off
Check powersource

Check for update/firmware
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi thanks I cannot find a sleep mode only power mode which is off.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
Manc
First Poster
Options

I had this really badly with my PS5 and eventually fixed it by Turing off the automatic input change when I turned it on.

For some reason this has just started happening with sky TV which is a nightmare. I wonder if this again is to do with the HDMI input settings. Very frustrating, this is a well known problem but Samsung refuse to fix it.

0 Likes
Members_ZXZVp4z
Student
Options

I just got a Samsung 55qa95 and since day one having the same issue, it's been less than a week, typically while using Chromecast.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_ZXZVp4z: Can you try heading to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and enabling this for the HDMI port that you connect your Chromecast to? Do you notice an improvement following this step? 

0 Likes
Members_ZXZVp4z
Student
Options

Hi AndrewL,

Thanks for the reply, I just checked, Input signal Plus is enabled for all my HDMI ports.

It usually happens within the first 10 minutes, it'll flicker from black screen to screen again around 3 or 4 times, and then it seems to be stable for a while. Really annoying though, and not sure if it's just with the chromecast, have only managed to use the TV for 4 days in total so far.

Major disappointment though.

Sam

0 Likes
BrightSmith
Apprentice
Options

Has this been solved? I have exactly the same issue. I can't reproduce it. It appears randomly, sometimes directly after turning the TV on, sometimes after an hour or so.

I run nVidia Shield btw.

0 Likes
Koysii
Journeyman
Options

I have this exact same issue my 75inch QN95A has been only 2 days of being hooked up and switched on. I have it connect to my 2019 Nvidia shield which was perfect with a premium quality hdmi cable on my old plasma TV and has been working fine since 2019. Now with this new TV when watching YouTube, netflix, Kodi or anything on the shield the screen becomes black and whatevers actually on the screen carries on playing without sound. It happens randomly for a few seconds here and there. It did come up with a notification stating check hdmi cable is attached so I pushed it as far as it can go to connect but problem still persists. 

Changed to another hdmi cable but haven't noticed the issue yet but I will check again tonight. 

0 Likes
Koysii
Journeyman
Options

Well using this Amazon basics gold hdmi cable I had lying around, not sure where I got it from or with what gadget. It seems to have fixed the black screen issue. I will keep an eye on it and see if the problem persists. 

0 Likes