Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect box Samsung UE65HU8500

(Topic created on: 01-11-2021 01:36 PM)
Peter9080
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung #UE65HU8500 curved of which the connect box which "died" exactly after 7 years after I bought it. This was a very good TV so I contacted Samsung Belgium who told me this box is no longer available

It is hard for me to understand that for this premium TV, which I bought for 4150 EUR 7 years ago, apparently this "connect box" is no longer available?

Is it normal that a brand like Samsung has no spare parts available for premium products?

Let me know how I can get an apropriate replacement.

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Swish
First Poster
Options
Hi Peter I have Just had a look and found some on ebay if that helps
0 Likes
Peter9080
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

thanks, I already checked it. Those offered are not new and seems I need the one with code BN94-07687L which I have not found. I'm not at all satisfied by the support of Samsung.......they advised to buy a new TV or go to a repair shop. This certified repair shop will charge me already 60 Euro just to have look at it and 120 Euro to pick it up.

I'm quite frustrated.

Thanks anyway.

Regards Peter

0 Likes
Swish
First Poster
Options
Hi
Am still looking not having much look myself if samsung service center can not help I know currys will fix things even if you did not buy it from them and you get a guarantee
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Peter9080  I an afraid you do not have many options and spate parts will not always be maintained after a period of time. so if one connect Box cannot be sourced options are repair or a replacement set.  You need to consider if you would likely have been replacing soon anyway and a Tv will in all likelihood not last more than  8-10 years and less with heavy use/maximum settings.   There could be other issues down the line.     For reference have a look at this article https://techpenny.com/samsung-tvs-longevity/  However should you wish to go for a repair at appropriate price your prerogative.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Peter9080
Apprentice
Options

Hi James,

thanks for your input. The thing is I was extremely satisfied with the product. I'm considering to buy a new TV, latest state of the art.

Let you know about the outcome.

Regards

Peter

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Peter9080  Yes realise it is a bit frustrating, ok thanks-hopefully  you will find the latest tech impressive.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
kippo
First Poster
Options
Actually, I too purchased this ver same set from Curry's in 2012/3, and it was sold with the premise that it would never need replacing, as the one connect module could be replaced instead... in theory you'd only have to replace the one connect unit...but, they have not kept to this promise, and stopped manufacturing or upgrading these add-ons after only a few years... we should really be getting our money back, as they mis-sold these televisions.