Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95 cannot locate my 5G wifi

(Topic created on: 20-01-2024 05:31 PM)
MaxHeat
First Poster
Options

Hello All,

may i please ask why my new Samsung QA65QN95BAUXZN cannot locate my 5G wifi ? All my other devices can except the tv ?

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Odd, can you try your phones 5g hotspot that will narrow down a TV issues kr router issue.
0 Likes
Dubaidogfish
Apprentice
Options

I've had the same issue on my Q80T 85inch. I have a TPlink AX6600 router, had a Dlink DIR890L before that both high spec dual band routers. Neither 5ghz were found by the TV only 2.4. manual setup said couldn't connect. I tried lowering the 5ghz channel below 40 as other suggested that worked but no joy. I tried your suggestion of hotspot on Galaxy S10 on 5ghz via the AX6600 and it was found and worked could get 100mbps on fast.com via that on Samsung browser TV app. Using hard wired 900mbps connection into TV can only get 95mbps. I read elsewhere the hardware is not designed for fast downloads on the Samsung TVs so that seems to be the limiting factor. Seeing as everyone relies on huge streaming files thought it would have been a priority 

0 Likes
Gurky
Helping Hand
Options
Ethernet is maxed at 100mb no need for more. So makes sense not to upgrade it.
Dubaidogfish
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Gurky I see other threads say the same as you about Samsung ethernet TV chipsets being capped at 100mbps but that most streams sub 8k don't need any more than about 30 anyway and I see Netflix says they need 5mbps for HD and 15-25mbps for 4k so I should be good.