(Topic created on: 29-11-2022 10:35 AM)
K13GRY
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I purchased a #QE55QN90B last week, big upgrade from my 6yr old Samsung  😁

Could somebody clarify the latest Software/Firmware version

My device is showing software version 1310.1

But the Samsung UK website shows the latest as 1304.1 (Release date November 10th 2022): https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55QN90BATXXU/#downloads

Quite a difference in version numbers...

Looking at the Samsung website for other Countries, I see they're showing 1403 versions. Also, people are referencing 1420 (Which resolves flickering issues when gaming).

I've run the OTA update, but it confirms 1310.1 is the latest version?!

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
captsulu2004
First Poster
Options

I have version 1448.1 on my qn90b and it ruined local dimming. I have no high setting now. When I switch from low to standard I get a brightness difference but when I go from standard to high, nothing. No difference. Anyone else experience this?

0 Likes
abc131313
Journeyman
Options
On 14 June 2023 the firmware 1504 self updated on my QN90B even though the Auto Update was NOT ticked.

Now the local dimming does not seem to work properly.

There are no true blacks anymore like before. There are only shades of grey, also with grey areas lifted and with the grey shades showing fixed clouds of dirty grey on the screen.

Compared to the amazing out of the box firmware version 1020 I had until two days ago, now the image quality of the QN90B is horrific.
I have tested in SDR and HDR on YouTube and Amazon prime movies, the image is horrible now, unacceptable. Even the black bars are now grey. It's a nightmare
0 Likes
Boxall
Apprentice
Options

Now running 1520. All seems fine. 

K13GRY
Apprentice
Options
Likewise! 👍🏻
0 Likes